-TWENTY-FOUR

"you'll be alright, eden sommers

"you'll be alright, eden sommers. you're not alone anymore."

Jenna was rightfully terrified, and Eden hugged her sister tightly in the Salvatore living room. Eden stuffed aside her own fears of the place as Jenna cried into Eden's arms.

"I mean, I've...but it was Ric, and..."

"It wasn't Ric," Eden soothed, running her hand up and down Jenna's back. "Ric is just as much a victim of Klaus as you are." She pressed a kiss to Jenna's temple and cupped her face in her hands. "You want to come to my place? Elena's there, and Elijah." At Jenna's flicker of confusion, Eden smiled a bit. "They're talking through issues, I'm very proud. We can watch Disney movies and eat pancakes. Klaus can't hurt us there."

Jenna sniffled, nodding. "I'd like that," she said softly, closing her eyes. "I'm sorry...I thought I could handle this but Ri-Klaus held a knife to me and it was Ric's face and I...it's all so much, Dee."

Eden nodded, wiping away her sister's tears. "Nothing will happen to you, Jenny. I swear it. We can have you go to Grimmauld if it'll make things easier. No one will touch you, okay?"

Jenna nodded, letting out a shaky breath. "I'm happy you told me about all of this before," she told her sister. "I just...I went back to get an assignment I left. I was going to be in and out. But Ric—Klaus showed up and he forced me into the room and made me call Stefan and..." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Stefan saved my life. I...I think Klaus would've killed me."

Eden tensed, pulling her sister into another hug, a dark look crossing her face.

She'd go to Europe that night. Get a wand from Luna.

And when she returned, she would kill Klaus.

Eden didn't end up leaving the Salvatore house, but Stefan stood near Jenna and Eden in case Damon tried anything suspicious and Rose kept him out of the room, but only after offering both girls a comforting hug.

Elijah texted Eden about an hour later, informing her that he and Elena would both return to the Boarding House and to stay put. She responded with a text stating that she wanted to return to the Wizarding World to get a new wand and that when Harry came back, she would.

He sent a response of how proud he was of her and how far she's come in the time they've known one another.

Jenna fell asleep on Eden's lap while Elijah was on the way and Eden ran her hand softly through her hair, watching as Damon finally entered the room, bickering with Stefan about Elena.

Eden sighed, resting her head against the sofa, wishing she were home eating pancakes with Elijah. As the thought crossed her mind, Damon shoved Stefan into the bookshelf, and Jenna jolted awake, looking around fearfully.