- TWENTY-SEVEN

what was i made for & skinny love heavily inspired this chap k thanks bye

trigger warning for depressive episode and panic attack

"you already killed my niece; can you just be a nice person for two seconds?"

EDEN'S flat was empty when she returned, and for the first time she didn't mind the quiet.

Jenna was with Elena and Jeremy at the Gilbert home, Alaric too. She suspected Damon was with Rose, Stefan probably helping Bonnie before returning back to Elena.

Elijah and Klaus were...

Eden didn't know.

It had been five hours since the ritual, early into the morning, and Eden hadn't texted Elijah, but he hadn't texted her either. Their relationship was at a weird place now, especially with her acceptance of her bond with Klaus.

She hoped they'd survive it, but she didn't know if she was strong enough to take any more pain.

Eden collapsed onto her sofa, cuddling against a pillow. Maison Francis. She breathed it in, closing her eyes as the calmness soothed her worries. It smelled like Elijah.

She thought of his arms around her, a movie in the background. His gentle hands in her hair, his soft words in her ear. Tears filled her gaze. He'd teased her at first when she asked for extra pillows on their first date, but then he'd been the one to lean against them most often.

He claimed they were useful only in sub-par decorating skills, but she knew he enjoyed the extra comfort. It was something minute that she loved deeply about Elijah. He was poised and proper and diligent, but he secretly adored the homey, cozy atmosphere her home provided.

It was stable and loving and gentle. It was everything he made her feel by simply existing, and everything he'd never felt until her.

She wiped her face, trying to push the thoughts away. She wanted to fix them, fix their relationship, but Klaus loomed over it like a dark storm. She didn't know how to have an actual conversation with Klaus, let alone decide whether or not she wanted to be with him.

Especially not after the ritual.

Eden's eyes were finally closing when a knock sounded at the door. Grumbling to herself, she slowly stood up, grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around her shoulders. She knew it wasn't Elijah, he'd have called her first — a habit he'd picked up in sheer politeness — or Jenna, who pressed Eden to get sleep.

Her thoughts drifted to Harry and Ginny, and she wondered if the latter was still in labor. She hoped everything was going smoothly and vowed to go and see them in the morning. She hadn't received any panicked voicemails from Harry, so either Ginny was still in labor or he'd passed out.