Día de los Muertos

La Dia De Los Muertos or The Day of the Dead is a holiday celebrated in Hispanic cultures though in some parts like Columbia, it's referred to as All Saints Day where they honor the deceased Saints and their dead relatives. Same holiday, same dates, but with different terms and traditions. Regardless of what it is called. The event is about coming together to celebrate the memories of the people you love who have passed on. And boy does the town of Encanto and its allies have much to celebrate this year!

Inside Castisa Madrigal, Alma is smiling at Pedro's portrait in sadness and gratitude. "Our family has come a long way mí amor. Ay, Pedro, so much time has passed, and so much has changed. Ignacio, Javier, and Angie are married with beautiful families of their own. However, some of their in-laws require more adjustments. Which reminds me give my regards to Mateo's grandfather." She adds as she looks at photos of all their grandchildren. "Each of our children and their children. Oldest to youngest, has grown and bloomed so much better and brighter than before. Especially our bisnietos." She tenderly holds a photo of Lala, Miguel, and Gaby. "But as you know and failed to warn me, Madrigal's teenagers can be very stubborn." she sighs, recalling the events of the gala, Mirabel and Zano's new abilities, and then the ball at the Halloween celebration. "I just hope that in time we can figure this out and move forward." She then sees two of her eldest granddaughters, Angelina and Isabela, rolling a huge pumpkin toward the house. "Coming through!" They tell Casita as she opens the doors for them. "Ay! At least Angelina hasn't lost her childlike excitement on this holiday."(Chuckles)

Inside the cousins are rolling on through the courtyard, "Monster pumpkin coming through!" Angelina warns the bystanders as she and Isa make their way.

Luisa sees them, "Oh, let me help you with that," She offered.

Isabela politely declined, "Thanks, Luisa, but we got it." they rolled away.

"Love the decorations!" Angie yells, making Luisa smile.

——————————————

In the Kitchen Blanca is demonstrating with an axe, "And that is how you cleanly slice a pumpkin." she swings it and cuts the gourd in two. "Oh!"

"Ah! Sugar, cinnamon, honey." Julieta checks off, as Chico stands next to her, "Excellent! We have all the ingredients to make my famous Calabaza en tacha, except... the Calabaza."

"Already sliced." his sister Blanca claims. "With what? An axe?" (He scoffs) "Whatever gets the job done." Blanca shrugs.

"How's everything coming along?" Angelina storms in. "I don't want to be late for the Día de los Muertos celebration."

"What's the rush? It's not like our relatives are going anywhere," Félix chuckles.

Chico chuckles more, "Man it has been a while since you last celebrated with these three."

Angie: "I'm just excited. We all are. Día de los Muertos is the one day of the year we get to celebrate the family who aren't with us anymore."

"And this year we have all our family together for the first time in years," Ignacio states, sharing his sister's joy.

Javier: "It's like we're throwing a party, and everyone we love is invited."

Angie: ♪Día de los Muertos is my favorite day♪
♪We honor all our loved ones♪
♪Who have passed away♪
♪We go down to the graveyard♪
♪Build altars in their name♪
♪And Share our memories of them by the candle flame♪