The Sun and Moon

Dear Journal,

This winter break was more exciting than I had hoped for. After we defeated La Sombra and saved Navidad, I told my family what I learned about my powers when I was taken hostage.

Mirabel demonstrates as she restores her abuela to her youth, 'To say they were impressed would be an understatement.' The effects were only temporary but Alma was grateful to her granddaughter for making her feel young again and cured her sore back. Off-screen Zano is struggling to get out of Isa's vines all because he made a crude comment about her future when Alma aged back again.

It is kind of cool that I can heal people when I'm singing I feel closer to my mom in a way which is good because after I cured Zano of his infected wound we discovered that when injured by the rocks an infection will spread no matter how unfatal the cut maybe. Lucky for us I can cure it but Zano asked Edna to guard his sword until she installed a safe lock on it so no one can misuse it. Lucky for us we don't need the sword anymore. Zano has gained better control and was able to send the rocks away. I can go back to school in Encanto after I finish this school year in San Angel.

Although there was the issue concerning Zano being a dhampir. Now after fighting a demon with a winged jaguar and an elf, the existence of other mythological creatures is not far-fetched since technically my whole family are magical beings. I was mad that he didn't tell the whole truth before La Sombra did but I was more upset that he told me more than he even told Marisol and that made me feel guilty by assiaction. I told him that she deserved to know but he said to mind my own business we got into a fight but apparently Marisol had heard us and Zano had to come clean. I wanted him to tell her but not this way, oh well at least after he explained I understood why he did what he did, and lucky for him so did Marisol but he was still on thin ice for telling me more than he told her.

Still, Zano and I made up after, and he shared some stories about his mother and grandfather that he heard from his Uncle Pepe. Which were really interesting and made me see that vampires are like people they can be good and bad even to each other. Everything afterward was peaceful aside from the kids and animals. I got to spend time with my family in Encanto while Zano spent time with his in San Angel with no worries of the rocks appearing but then we got this weird letter from some council. Not the Vampire Council in Zano's family history thank goodness but the Council that Molly told us about.

———

San Angel

Mirabel and Zano rushed to the Posada Manor with Camilo, and found the Madrigals and Sanchez clans gathered around the living room to discuss the mysterious letter. Once the trio arrived their parents were the first to greet them.

"Oh thank goodness you're here," Julieta said as she hugged her youngest.

Maria and Pepa followed her example.

Zano returned his mother's hug and asked, "Mama what is going on?"

"We got a letter from the dragon council," Javier said.

"Dragon council?" Mirabel asked a bit confused, "I thought this was from the magic council."

"In a way it is Mariposita." Javier explained, "The world Dragon Council are the leaders of the Dragon Order and one of the most influential organizations of the magical community, for they protect the magical creatures from all threats both magic and human."

"Like Molly and her colleagues," Mirabel concluded as her wizard cousin continued. "Yes, although I'm surprised to hear from them now," Javier said rubbing his chin curiously.