Holiday

"Ah, it's that special time of year. Where families and friends from all around the world come together to celebrate their traditions. Candy canes! Presents! New ways to make the season bright!" 

A montage of people lighting a tree, menorah, and kinara through the ages is shown.  "Something all cultures have in common. Bringing a sense of unity to a vast and usually divided world."

Mexico - San Angel

The town is beautifully decorated in snow and Holly. Everywhere you turn music and people are dancing around a decorated Pine tree in the middle of the town square.

"Now I know what you're thinking how can a town in Mexico have snow? The answer is simple; Magic! This brings us to the Madrigals. It has been a long journey for this family full of loss, intergenerational feuds, high expectations, and emotional reunions and reconciliations. Now one would think they would try and take it easy but honey when has anything good ever gone easy especially when you got more than two clans involved?"

Columbia- Encanto

Like in San Angel, the town is decorated in snow but everyone is not awake. Yes, those who are awake are a few adults and elders who are spending their Navidad morning gazing up at a tree in the center of town.

"Yes, we have all of the usual traditions! Gingerbread houses, wreaths, caroling, stockings. Oh, but the Encanto Tree is much more than a tradition. You see, every ornament on the tree is a memory, a memory of kindness or a thoughtful deed."

A memory shows a teenage Angelina helping an old woman get home by soaring through the sky. And another shows Alma comforting a mourning widow.

"Indeed, the ornaments represent decades of goodness, a timeless record of the best we've done throughout the years, gratefully hung upon the tree. And even though Bruno Madrigal's triplets were away from Encanto they shared this tradition with their new families."

A scene of their first Navidad as parents is seen. All three siblings were nostalgic for their birthplace but content with their present for they knew they would return someday. However unknown to them, their tradition will soon become part of their new towns.

"And so it goes. This Christmas, new ornaments will honor new deeds of kindness."

Mirabel talking with Alma at the lake, "Compassion," Bruno's return to the family, "Forgiveness," Casita being rebuilt, "Integrity," Bruno reuniting with his children and meeting his grandchildren, "Hope," Miguel reuniting with his awakened parents and seeing his maternal grandparents. "And Love."

"And each unique creation holds within it the very spirit of Navidad."

—————————

We go to the house of the Madrigals, aka Casita.

Inside each room, everyone is sleeping. Angelina and Mateo are passed out. Ignacio and Acacia are exhausted from soothing their infant Twins, Manny and Michelangelo. Javier and Blanca are just sleeping peacefully.

Now for their kids, they are sleeping peacefully in their beds all tucked and safe. Except for one little girl and no It's not Mirabel.

Ignacio's daughter Layla is tip-toeing down the stairs. Once she reaches the last step she looks to the empty plate and mug on the end table. She looks around and turns to a decorated tree and sees... (gasps)

"Ahhh!" She screamed causing Ignacio and Acacia to sit up from their bed, "Layla!" they exclaimed and zoomed out of the room with the boys in hand.

Everyone in the house who also heard the scream rushed out of their rooms to follow the concerned parents downstairs.