Meeting Edna

Antonio and the kids are running around the halls, looking around. They quickly hide as Mirabel chases after them. They walk past vases, with the kids hiding behind them. The teenage girl suddenly appears out of nowhere.

"Boo!"

The four kids scream comically, causing the older girl to laugh. They look up at her in annoyance.

It has been a week since Encanto was declared allies with San Angel. They had been adjusting well... for the most part. The kids blow raspberries up at her, running past her to hide again. Mirabel's smirks and follows after them. She runs past her parents and Zano. Julita and Agustin look at each other knowingly before their daughter comes back for a hug. She pulls Zano along to help her. He just chuckles as he runs off with her and both of them end up in her room.

But Mirabel gasps at the sight in front of her because someone is in her room... they're clothed in a black cloak, so she can't tell who it is just by looking at them.

"Hello, darling." They lift off the hood to reveal a strange woman. "Did you think I was gone forever?" She smirks as she has wrinkles on her face. She saunters up to Mirabel, stroking her face. "What's the matter, dear?" She lightly touches Mirabel's hair bunched up in a bun. "Aren't you happy to see your mummy?" she shifts into a skeleton. She then holds up her skeleton hands and the black rocks appear in front of her.

Mirabel gasps sharply as they surround her. She tries to run away, but she gets cornered. Panting, the girl looks up, her whole body glowing. But her hair unravels and becomes long, much to her horror.

"And look, your hair has returned!" Reflections of the woman and La Sombra are on the rocks. "Isn't it wonderful? Come now, dear, let's get you back to your tower, where you will be safe and secure. I think I'll take the boy too. Princesita!"

Shooting out of her bed Mirabel gasps as her glow is illuminating intensely and Chapa sits up in shock. Her glow dims and she pants slowly as she lays back down. Unknown to her something on her back was also glowing but went unnoticed.

————

San Angel- Zano's room

Zano sits up in bed, holding his hair. The darkness is above him like a cloud, and he looks up in horror. It was happening again... the black cloud went away after a few seconds. He takes short breaths, sweating a bit. What was that all about? Why did that dream show only Mirabel at the end...? These nightmares started right after he and Mirabel touched those black rocks... which indirectly caused her to get glowing powers, and for Zano to gain the destructive power of the rocks... which is something he'd never use at any time. He thought the possibility of those kinds of powers was passed as he gained his superpowers yet that wasn't the case now...

He looks out towards the window to the town and sits up rubbing his neck. He needed to get away... Meaning he'd have to sneak out, but he needed alone time. He takes out his teleporter and goes somewhere quiet.

————

San Angel - Sanchez Kitchen

Maria and Grandpapí are eating breakfast alone, the old veteran being silent. "Papa?" She speaks up and he looks up in confusion. "You haven't touched your food," She glances at his full plate of oranges, toast, and a pile of eggs.

"No, no, I-I've touched it. I moved my eggs here to here, you see?" He chuckles a bit, but she could notice that something was wrong.

"Oh, papa, it's been nearly a week. Just talk to him," She places her hand on top of his. He sighs slowly.

"You do recall my last conversation with your son didn't go quite as I had hoped?"

Manolo arrived and joined them at the table, "General, you confined him to the walls of San Angel under Marshall law. If that's a grandparent-grandchild conversation, I would hate to see what talking to is," Manolo chuckles a bit.