Tales of Luong Kiba Part 2

[Present]

"I can't believe he went through all that," Lao Shi said looking down.

"Didn't he tell you all this when he came back?" Mirabel said.

"Yeah but he left some stuff out, I can't believe he would allow those people to do that to him," Lao Shi said. "Or you."

"I wanted to intervene more than anything but like Kiba my abilities were tampered and I could only do potions. Regardless that day will forever haunt me as a day I failed as a guardian, same for Mateo and Chico for letting it get so bad. Thankfully Angie and the others were able to do something about it."

"So what happened next Mushu?"

-Past-

"Captain, I want her alive," Danzo told Mateo, referring to Angelina.

"Yes, sir," Mateo nodded before looking to the other guards. "Seal off the area, men. Find the gypsy girl, and do not harm her!"

"May I be of assistance?" A mysterious male voice asked Danzo.

Danzo looked over to the mysterious male to see who it was. It was the former bandit king in human form, only he was wearing a cloak.

"Who are you, sir?" Danzo asked this 'man'.

"My name is Chakal and I have something for you," Chakal said as he held out a staff with a magic jewel on the top.

"What's this?" Danzi asked as he took the staff. "It looks quite valuable."

"It is a present for you, Judge Danzo; it will be able to give you what you need to make this entire city peaceful," Chakal told him, lying about the peaceful part.

"Ooh, tell me more," Danzi replied.

"For another time," Chakal smirked. "Let's find that gypsy for you or should I say super."

"Thank you, Chakal," Danzo said.

"Anytime, Judge Claude," Chakal replied.

Danzo chuckled as this seemed to be the start of a beautiful partnership.

"I recommend we go to the church," Chakal said.

"That's where I'm headed." Danzo agreed.

[Cathedral]

Cleo frowned as she came inside with Li Fang. 'How is a ghost here?' she then thought to herself.

Li Fang slowly closed the door, not only to the outside world but to his freedom.

"Oh, Fangy, don't be sad." Cleo pouted to the poor Lycan-locked boy.

"I never should have left the bell tower," Li Fang sighed. "I should have never left home."

"Oh, Fang..." Cleo pouted.

"If I make it back home I'll never disobey my elders again..." Li Fang sulked as he came inside with the puppy.

Angelina, Acacia, Chico, Zita, Blanca, Javier, and Pancho were then in the church and dried off once they were alone after using old beggar disguises to get past the doors.

"That was close," Zita whispered.

"We should be safe in here," Javier said once he wrung his hair from the rain.

Blanca shook her head which made a bunch of water soak into Acacia.

"Are you serious?!" Acacia glared.

"What?" Blanca asked.

"You drenched me in water!" Acacia glared.

"Oh, it was an accident, you drama queen!" Blanca glared back.