Science Expo

It's finally time for the Exposition of Science. Isa is tying up the sign, standing on a ladder with Owl nearby. "Don't see why the non-San Angel-ian has to help set up for this thing," She grumbles under her breath.

The two guards pass by and she stares at them. She wants to be a part of it, but being the only person to make hypoallergenic plants is keeping her from doing that... not that she hates being friends with the Sánchez clan (minus Zano) or their town events. "Dumb science expo is for dorks, anyway, and I'm so glad Javi isn't around to hear me say that." Because of the wizard's love for science and creating, he had insisted on being in charge of the expo today, which Zano's parents graciously allowed seeing as he had been in a coma for years.

"Who's ready for the expo?!" She turns to see Zano's cousin from Cuba, Pepín Von Dracula

with something covered by a white sheet standing nearby. He waves to her and she groans, rolling her eyes. "Hey, Bella! Hey, you want to see my new invention? Rumor has it, it's a shoo-in for the first prize in the contest," He leans in to whisper. "I started the rumor," He winks at her.

"Oh. Hey, Pepín. First off, it's Isa. Not Bella. Secondly, I'm slammed, so-"

"Oh, yeah, I-I hear you. Hey, so did I tell you that my invention can create an entirely new element? I call it-"

Stan stands in front of the boy. "Isabela! I thought you should know, that the Captain is short on guards for the expo. This could be your big chance!"

She smiles, sliding down the ladder. "Come on, let's go!" She runs off with him, leaving Pepín baffled. The rope slips and Owl tries to hold it up as best as he can. He hears the bird's troubles and runs up, tying the rope securely. He smiles up at Owl.

"Isabela, looking good!" He turns around to see Angelina arriving, wearing goggles over her head that seem to zoom in on anything. "You should see some of the inventions on display!" Then she sees that it's not Isa, but the scientist himself. "Oh. Hi Pepín!"

He smiles bashfully, climbing down the ladder. "How's it been with your inventions since-"

"Since the first invention we saw from you almost killed us. So glad you're here. With what looks like another invention," Mateo interrupts her.

"Mateo," she scolded to her husband.

"Please, I wouldn't miss a chance to promote the merits of alchemy! The bridge of proving all magic is science. And wait until you see my invention. I think, uh, everyone at the expo will be impressed. Mirabel's going to be here, right?" He darts his eyes around, chuckling. "Not that I'm doing this for Mirabel! No that's someone else. But, yeah, she's going to be there with her hermanas right?"

Angelina looks up at Mateo. "Pepín do you have a-"

"Hey!" up ahead Zano was running up to the trio.

"Zano! Where have you been man? I had to haul our entry all the way here by myself."

"Sorry, I got stuck on childcare duty until I could leave them with Camilo and the abuelos." He replied, "Funny thing is I haven't seen Mirabel yet, and she is usually one of the first Madrigals they attach themselves to."

"I think I saw her around here somewhere. She is in charge of creative details for the expo, so she shouldn't be that hard to find," Mateo gestures to the crowd.

"Right, right! Completely forgot..." Zano rubs the back of his neck, blushing in embarrassment. Angelina glances away and sees Pepín, smirking. Indicating he knows what she knows.

"I think someone should ask her himself, Zano. We'll leave you alone," She pulls Mateo away, to the white-haired boy's confusion.

And the reason Angelina said that is because Mirabel is running into the courtyard, holding rolls of paper bundled up in her hands. She waves to people greeting her as they're all examining a taste of what scientific marvels would be presented later on. Suddenly, she bumps into someone, dropping the bundles of papers.