Day 2

In Angelina's room, the eldest Madrigal granddaughter couldn't help but feel the pressure and anxiety that came with this room.

Mateó snaps her out of her thoughts, "Honey are you all right?" She sighs, "I'll be fine I just need to process some things."

"Like my family dropping in," he inquired with a knowing smirk, "Kind of," she says smiles, "though surprisingly she's-their not my biggest concern," She rubs her temples, "Oy, hopefully, tomorrow will be less hectic." She says dramatically as Mateó smiles briefly as he kisses her hand. As Angelina sighs fondly, she noticed the turmoil brewing in his eyes, "Teó, is everything alright?"

"Just thinking about Zano's story," Mateó replies thoughtfully, "You remember when I first told you my family past with the medal and how I was a second chance for Abuela?"

"Yeah," she says knowing he is thinking back to when he got that medal, "Mateó we all know you tried to get rid of it when you found out the truth."

"And I still hope to be rid of it," He swears, "If only I had said no then. Ugh, I thought Xilbabla was the more 'honorable' of his Brothers," he scoffs.

"That's not much to compare with," she jokes, "Besides it probably wasn't Xilbabla, Teó," suggested Angelina. "There are a lot of deities out there."

"Yeah but only a couple of them are related to that trinket," he looks towards his bag, "I hate that it's near our family," He hugs her. "I still remember the day it made me like him."

Kissing his forehead, "What happened was scary for all of us, but you saved everyone and stopped yourself," Angelina assured him. "And I highly doubt Chakal spewed red fumes from his eyes."

Mateó softly chuckled as he lifted his head from her bosom to look into her eyes. "You sure your great Tía can help."

"Yup, and she's got the kid's birthday presents all ready-made."

"It's amazing how your aunt magically knows when we're coming," He smiles as she laughed, "I don't know considering she wasn't here for dinner I think she's just a normal lady."

"Unless she wanted to avoid my grandmother," he joked. "Touché," she smiles and sighs, "Ay what a day! Fortunately, we only have to help with party planning and the kid's homework. Worst-case scenario I end up arguing with Gertrude on anything," She says as they kiss goodnight and turn off the lights.

-----

The next morning at breakfast things are a bit tense for reasons that will be handled later on but right now Alma taps her glass to get everyone's attention. "Now that we're all present we need to discuss today's objectives."

"I thought that while the children were at school with Chico, Blanca, and J.C. The rest of us would be preparing the house," Angelina states to her grandmother.

"Yes," Alma confirms, "However with the addition of Gabriela's relatives, we may require a few modifications in plans."

"We promise to stay out of the way as much as possible Señora," Victor says respectfully, "And we're willing to help in any way we can." offered Matilda, as Alma nods her head in gratitude towards the couple. At least some of her granddaughter's in-laws were pleasant.

————

After breakfast the adults begin doing their part to prepare for the party and since it's a weekday all school-aged children are in school. But today the young Madrigals get to escort their school-aged guests to their school.

In order, Jorge, Raul, Anontio, Miguel, Layla, Gabriela, and Luna are all in a line following Chico, with Blanca to the left and Javier Carlos on the right side of Miguel, walking down the road. Behind them, Camilo, Zano, and Mirabel are talking about their school's characteristics and...