Sirena says

"You know, some girls can make a guy flip out without even trying, and I have to admit, sometimes I wonder what that would be like. I mean, girls get all these messages about how if you can be pretty enough or mysterious enough, you can have power over boys, but it's not like that idea was invented by movies and TV. Way back in ancient times, the poet Homer wrote about sirens. These demonic women with hawk wings and claws whose songs drove sailors insane. I can skip the hawk claws but wouldn't it be cool to have guys go gaga just at the sound of your voice? la la la la la, are you in my power yet?"

——

Zano Sanchez is at home preparing for another day at school when he sees his sister Luna playing with a cootie catcher.

"L-U-N-A- S-A-N-C-H-E-Z." she unfolds a piece, "You will succeed at what you set out to accomplish today." She read, "We're all aware of that, paper thingy."

"Luna, what's that?" Zano asks out of curiosity.

"Hi, Zano," Luna replies. "This is a little game that tells our destiny based on our names. It says I'm gonna be successful in whatever I try. Nothing new, I assume."

"Oh, yeah?" Zano asks with fake interest. "And what about me?"

"Oh, let me check," Luna says as she checks Zano's name. "Today is love's new dawn." Oh, good thing you used extra hair gel this morning. Maybe if you head but her she'll stick to you long enough to see past the obvious flaws."

"Okay. You can put your stupid fortune teller thing away now. Time to roll." Zano replies as he leaves for school. "It's not stupid, it's science. Paper plus ink plus girls' intuition equals mystic truth."

On the way, they see several things that remind them of love. Happy couples of pigeons, love-themed balloons, and a guy dressed like Cupid selling romantic stuff. "See? Love is in the air. It's a sign."

"It's a coincidence." She gives him a look. "Okay. Two coincidences. Now, come on."

"See ya, Luna." He says as he walks to his school thinking, "Is there really something to this girl's intuition stuff? Huh?" He looks up and sees a cloud in the shape of a heart. "Okay. I'll call that a yes."

"It's not like Marisol is coming back anytime soon," Zano said to Mirabel, Nell, and Ernie as they walked down the hall.

"And even if she did, she's a hunter hell-bent on the destruction of all magical beings," Ernie said. "Kind of a deal breaker, man."

"Maybe fate's telling me to move on, find someone new."

"Oh, sure fate has been telling you for weeks now," Mirabel said referring to how everyone has been telling him to move on. "Nice to see you finally listen."

"I don't know about fate, Zee, but I do know your timing is all biscuits and gravy. You could be the first to sign up for what my co-president Ernie and I are putting together."

"Ta-da!" Nell and Ernie then show a poster about the auction. "It's a fund-raising bachelor auction in benefit of hungry puppies and kids with motion sickness," Ernie explains and then notices Zano and Mirabel staring at him. "Nell and I couldn't agree on which cause was more important."

"It's a bachelor auction, Zee. You just sign up and the ladies will line up."

"Hmm." He looks out the window, "I guess maybe there's no fighting it. Hook me up with a pen, Ernie. Looks like fate says it's a good day for love.

——

At the auction, Ernie is on stage to introduce the event. "It's the First Annual San Angel Arts Academy Charity Bachelor Auction to Support Puppies and sick people with motion sickness."