Intense Training

"Ahhh!" Mirabel screams as she nearly avoids the oncoming dodgeballs heading towards her. "What does this have to do with testing powers?" she yelled towards the observation window.

Edna on Comlink: "We need to cover basic physical traits darling." Edna responded to the girl wearing a base suit. "Super speed, strength, and flexibility to name a few."

"Well I can vouch that none of those are in my current skill set," She says as she jumps onto a platform almost falling off it but landing belly first on it.

Edna's voice: "Lights out."

"What?!" Once the lights turn off Mirabel starts glowing and can see again. She also managed to duck down to avoid the upcoming paintballs.

On the other side, Zano is also glowing as he sits next to Edna who is writing what she sees. "Fascinating. Both your glows are different." She notes, his white glow and Mirabel's golden glow. "Yet they seem connected somehow. According to the scanner, her glow activated when scared and yours came at the same time yet your stress levels were much lower."

Mirabel exits the chamber and returns to the main room exhausted, "Tell me that's it." she panted.

"Yes darling you may relax," Edna says as she hands the girl a bottle of water. She takes it. "Thank you." she sips, "You're sick." she breathes out.

"So I've been told," Edna replies as Mirabel sips from the bottle of water.

"You did pretty well for your first time," Zano says.

"Don't talk to me." She is also mad at him for not warning her.

"Hey, you did better than your cousins did their first time." He tells her as he looks around the lab.

"Lies," she whispered.

"It's true darling watch." Edna plays a video reel, of Ignacio, Javi, and Angie's first power assessments.

Ignacio fumbled on the course and ended up setting things on fire. It also didn't help when he reached the rainstorm portion of the test. Javier did better but also hit a wall and the constant noise affected his focus. He also had a limit to how much he could carry. Angie did well but she also fumbled when her wings were waterlogged.

"You see everyone makes mistakes darling but this test was to see how their powers worked even when they were not fighting. Hence why I made them wear the base suits." she shows Mirabel the tablet. "They have mircopatches that can measure your brain waves and heart rates as you wear and move in the suit."

"Wow, I could never make something like that," Mirabel says in wonder.

"You could if you had the right mentor," Edna says, hinting. "I do want to design your family some outfits and since you've known them perhaps you'd like to help me with that project."

"I'll think about it," Mirabel said, 'it would be pretty cool to learn how from a professional.'

Her thoughts were interrupted as the screen showed a young Zano. The boy scrunched his face and burst into smoke and then said smoke moved to another area of the room as the boy rematerialized.

Shocked at what she saw Mirabel turned to the Present Zano as he paused the screen he turned to Mirabel staring at him, "What?"

————

San Angel—Docks

Around the tree where Manolo first proposed to Maria, the rocks that chased Mirabel, Camilo, and Zano after they touched them had returned.

Mateo was with some officers and specialists to investigate the rocks after getting a call. Unfortunately, he brought along his father-in-law Bruno Madrigal and his twin sister Pepa Madrigal who came with Antonio for a play date with the kids.