New Teachers, Old school training

In the large city of San Angel, Mexico, Li Fang stood on a roof and stared at the sunset on the horizon, standing next to Zano and Mirabel in their super suits and helmets. Next to them was a teenage boy with brown curly hair, Camilo Madrigal also wearing a super suit, and next to him was a small eastern dragon with red scales and was oddly standing on two legs.

"This is your territory, young ones, and you three are responsible for protecting the magical creatures living within it." The man said to the girl and boys, gesturing to the entire Town of San Angel. "From the centaur herds of the Park to the secret leprechaun stock exchange, to the gargoyle nest on top of the church, to the sirenas of the rivers."

"If you can make it here, you'll make it anywhere." The dragon said before chuckling out loud.

"No problem, we're on it," The leaner boy said as he cracked his neck.

"But first!" The man interrupted sternly. "You each must master your training one step at a time. Even a young falcon must stand before it can fly."

"Check this out, Sensei!" Camilo said cockily. "Dragon up!" He raised his fist as he transformed himself into a yellow southern dragon, with slim, yet lean and semi-muscular arms. "Oh yeah! I'm not only ready to fly, I'm ready to soar! Represent!" He jumped from the roof and glided across the streets as he cheered. "Oh yeah! Bad dudes beware, cause the new Magical guardians are in the house! Yeah!"

He danced in midair until he accidentally fizzled back into his human form. He shrieked as he waved his arms madly and plummeted down, but luckily managed to grab hold of the fire escape. "I'm cool, I'm cool!" He said, shaken up by the turn of events, and looked down at the street. "Can I get a little help down here?"

His teacher, cousin, and friend looked over the edge as the teacher shook his head in frustration about his cocky student. "Of all the forms a human shapeshifter can have it had to include a dragon form."

"Thank the ancestors that he can't spew fire or ice." The dragon familiar said as Mirabel went to help her cousin.

——————

That night in the Park, Camilo, Mirabel, Zano, Li Fang, and his dragon familiar Mushu walked down the pathway that night at the park. Camilo looked more bored and tired about having to stay up past his curfew.

"In general we dragons are creatures of immense magical power, which is why they are assigned as magical protectors in several locations however it is only dragons with human forms that can reside in both worlds." Mushu explained, "That was pretty much the standard until we found out about you two, and Camilo learned how to shift into a dragon. That job has been given to you three."

"Until the council can find someone more qualified and available," Zano added, not enjoying all that had happened since then.

"Consider it as a sign that they trust you to help them and who knows you might learn more about yourself than you think," Li Fang explained as they walked until they stopped. "But to unlock your potential, you must keep training and master the fundamentals. Dragon teeth!" Camilo's head shifted into a dragon's. "Dragon tongue!" He then raspberried his long, forked tongue. "Dragon claws!" His hands and upper body shifted into his dragon claws and underbelly. "Dragon tail!" His lower half then shifted and her tail sprang out before he finally shifted out his wings.

"Haha. Yeah, I'm all over it, Li." Camilo said as he did a karate pose.

"And a student must trust and follow his or her master, without question or hesitation."

" Sure thing. Whatever you say, whenever you say it." Camilo said.

Mushuu sniffed around the grass until he suddenly perked up and cringed in disgust. "Oh yuck! Blue cheese with a touch of sweat sock! It's the Huntsclan! I know that nasty foot odor anywhere." He said.