3 - The Leaky Cauldron

-second person (Y/n pov)-

The shabby little pub was silent and calm, only the noise of a few glasses rattling against each other and murmured conversations could be heard, that was until, with a deafening giant roar and a burst of emerald green flames, you tumbled out of the fireplace and whacked your head against a worn-down wooden table. You emerged from the ground, rubbing the spot you had hit on your head, before turning back around to face the fireplace awaiting your family to arrive, avoiding the many stares and snickers from the witches and wizards scattered around the room.

"Y/n?"

You quickly turned to see a scrawny young boy with dark messy hair and a lightening scar on his forehead before you.

"Harry!" you said, a wide grin on your face as you ran over and bombarded him in a giant hug. You had always taken a shine to Harry and looked out for him as if he was your brother.

"The one and only," squeezed Harry, all the while he was beaming, "How did you get on over summer?"

"Same old, being dragged out for Quidditch practice, you know..." you said, finally relieving Harry of the bone-crushing hug and your unmistakeable grin never leaving your face, "Ollie is seriously planning to win the cup this year,"

"Isn't that the plan every year? To win the cup?"

"Yes, yes, but this year more than ever, it's his last chance and he intends to leave Hogwarts victorious," you spoke, slightly laughing, "Anyway- enough about me, what about you?"

"'was alright, just stayed with the Dursleys as always," said Harry, shrugging his shoulders.

"C'mon Harry, you had to have done something,"

"I blew up my aunt if that counts,"

"Bet the old rat deserved it," you laughed, about to continue when a loud grumble escaped from the fireplace yet again, signalling another person was arriving via floo powder. The once bright orange fire had now converted to the same illuminating emerald green it was when you arrived.

"Who is it?" said Harry, facing the vibrant flames.

"Must be Ollie," you said, squinting your eyes to get a better look.

"There's our question answered." Harry chuckled as a tall, burly boy suddenly appeared.

You and Harry watched as Oliver's eyes searched around the room looking for you, only to find you stood by the Gryffindor seeker.

"Alright, Harry?" said Oliver, striding towards the pair.

"Oliver," said Harry, grinning at the boy in front of him.

"'Was just telling Harry about you forcing me to practise for Quidditch all summer," you explained to Oliver who was nodding along.

"Oh yeah, and I've created a whole new set of tactics to try out-"

"Right, Oliver, I think he gets it," you said, rolling your eyes, "Try not to bore the boy to death,"

"Any sign of the Weasleys yet, Y/n?" Harry asked.

"I think they're coming soon, that's what mum said anyway,"

"Right...I'm going to head on into Diagon Alley. I'll see you lot later?" said Harry, beginning to walk out of the dining area.

"Bye Harry!" you called after him, and in return, he sent you a thumbs up.

"Seriously, Y/n?"

"What?"

"You couldn't have just let me speak to Harry about the new tactics?"

"Oh, dry your eyes, Ollie. Can't make our prime player sick of you already, he still has to listen to your changing room speeches."

.....

You and Oliver silently walked down the hallway, trailing your trunks behind you until you reached a large dark wood door with the brass number '17' on it.

"This is me," you said turning to Oliver, "Whereabouts are you?"

"A few doors down I think," he answered, "I'll let you know later on,"

"See you,"

As you unlocked and entered the room you were greeted by one cosy double bed with polished oak bedside tables standing beside it, a small dresser that matched the bedside tables and a window that looked over the jam-packed Diagon Alley.

You flung yourself onto the bed and stared at the ceiling, you were beyond excited to see the Weasleys tomorrow, more specifically the twins. By this point of the summer in the last few years, you had already stayed in The Burrow and didn't have to fret about not seeing Fred or George, but this summer was different, the Weasleys had won a jackpot prize of Galleons and shipped off to Egypt to visit Bill, the eldest Weasley boy. Which meant you couldn't see them for the whole summer. Of course, you were still ecstatic for the Weasleys to receive the sum of Galleons because they were the only family you knew who really deserved it you thought.

You were always extremely close to the Weasleys ever since Oliver had begun Hogwarts in his first year as of his friendship with Percy, and you had great relationships with all of them, even Percy who was widely known as an uptight smart-arse, and still, you couldn't wait to see him too. Why? You didn't really know.

Your mind had begun to wander back to the words George had written in the letter he sent you, 'Fred won't stop talking about you', why wouldn't he stop talking about you? What kept him talking about you? Through the amount of time you thought about it, you began to feel your eyes begin to grow heavier and droopier, eventually drifting you off to sleep.

.....

-third person pov-

"Y/n? Y/n, are you sleeping? Seriously?" came a thick voice from the outside of the door.

"No- I wasn't sleeping, I would never, ever." She sighed, throwing her legs over the bed and slumping across the room to the door.

"Sounds like you're asleep," the voice began again.

"Good thing I wasn't," said Y/n, she yawned and opened the door, which of course Oliver was standing at, "What're you doing here?"

"C'mon let's go get some food," he said, leaning against the doorframe.

"Coming now," you said, pulling a sweater over your head.

"Hurry up, I'm hungry,"

"Right, right, don't get your wand in a twist,"

"Seriously can't believe you were sleeping,"

"Could you blame me? I was up all last night 'cause of you,"

"Maybe you shouldn't get your wand in a twist,"

"Ollie I swear to Godric."

.....

A/N

GUYS! DON'T WORRY IT IS GONNA PICK UP FROM HERE!

NEXT CHAPTER FRED AND GEORGE WILL BE HERE I PINKY PROMISE THROUGH THE SCREEN! :)

Word Count: 1027