11 - The Boggart

-second person (y/n pov)-

The corridors of Hogwarts eagerly began piling up with students who were making their way to their next class, you were one of them and heading to Defence Against the Dark Arts. You had taken quite a shine to the class ever since Professor Lupin had taught it, and in the last month, you covered more topics (which you actually understood) than you had in the last five years of learning the subject.

You rounded the corner of the hall, within a few inches of reaching your class when all of a sudden you were grabbed by the arm and hauled into a store room. You faced your kidnapper, which to your surprise was Oliver and not Fred, George or Lee.

"Funny seeing you here," you said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I need your help," he replied desperately.

"What? In here?" you frowned.

"No not in here-" he scoffed, his body suddenly becoming tense and awkward, "Juswifagirl,"

"Come again?"

"Justwifagirl,"

"Bit slower, Ollie,"

"A girl,"

"What girl?" you asked, beginning to beam from ear to ear as you understood what he was trying to say.

"That doesn't matter." he hushed, "All you need to know is I want to ask her to Hogsmeade but I don't know how,"

"And you want me to help you?"

"Obviously, that's why I pulled you in here," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Right, well I'm a bit late for class-" you said, "-but we'll talk about it in the common room later on?"

"Fine, but if I hear anything back about this-"

"You won't, I pinky promise," you said, holding out your pinky which he hooked with his own, "See you soon then, lover boy,"

You grinned, walking out of the store room with, as you imagined, Oliver's bright red face following you. You continued making your way to class, wondering what you'd be up to today. You entered the room, ready to make an excuse as to why you were late to Professor Lupin but saw he wasn't there so you strolled over to your seat beside Fred.

"Where were you?" he questioned, leaning against his chair.

"Having a secret meeting," you said, making Fred snigger, "Seriously, I was,"

"Oh yeah? With who?"

"Can't tell, that's a secret," you grinned, pulling your books out of your bag and setting them on the table.

Just then, Lupin finally set foot into the room. He smiled vaguely and placed his scruffy old briefcase on the teacher's desk. He was quite a shabby man and wore quite shabby robes that had been darned in a few places, although he still looked young, his light brown hair was flecked with grey.

"Good afternoon," he said. "Would you please put all your books in your bags? Today's lesson will be practical. You'll only need your wands."

You glanced at Fred, who also sported the same curious look on his face as you. You had never had a practical Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson unless you counted last year when Lockhart unleashed a cage of Red Caps on the class.

"Right then," said Professor Lupin, when everyone had quietened down, " if you'd follow me."

Baffled but interested, you and the rest of your class got to their feet and followed Lupin out of the classroom. He led you along the deserted corridor and around the corner, where the first thing you saw was Peeves the poltergeist who was floating upside-down in mid-air and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum. He never glanced up until Professor Lupin was merely two feet away, and then he devilishly broke into tune.