15 - No Point Crying Over Spilt Potions

-second person (y/n pov)-

Though the weather worsened, Oliver made you and the Gryffindor Quidditch team train almost every minute of every day in preparation for your first Quidditch match, all while under the watchful eye of Madam Hooch as Professor McGonagall thought it would be best if a teacher was present with Harry's situation with Sirius Black.

At your last training before your first match, Oliver told you and the team awful news while you were in the changing rooms.

"We're not playing Slytherin!" he told you all, looking extremely frustrated, "Flint's just been to see me. We're playing Hufflepuff instead."

"Why?" you and the rest of the team shouted.

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm is still injured," he said while grinding his teeth angrily.

"But it's obvious why they're doing it. They don't want to play in this weather, the probably think it'll damage their chances!" you ranted.

There had been strong winds and rain all day long, and as the meeting went on, distant sounds of thunder could also be heard.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm!" said Harry furiously, "He's faking it!"

"I know that, but we can't prove it," said Oliver bitterly, "We've been practising every trick in the book to use against Slytherin but instead it's Hufflepuff, they use completely different tactics, their style is completely different. They've got this new captain and seeker, Cedric Diggory-"

You, Angelina and Alicia all suddenly giggled.

"What?" said Oliver, furrowing his brows at you and the girls.

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina.

"Strong and silent." you chimed in, and you all started to giggle again.

"He's only strong and silent because he's too thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently. "I don't know why you're so worried, Oliver, Hufflepuff are a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry captured the snitch in about five minutes, remember?"

"We were playing in different conditions then!" Oliver roared, his eyes slightly bulging. "Diggory's put together a very strong side! He's a brilliant seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We absolutely cannot relax! Slytherin are trying to put us off! We must win!"

"Right, Oliver, calm down!" said Fred, who looked quite alarmed. "We're taking Hufflepuff seriously. Seriously."

.....

As the days gradually neared the match, the weather got progressively worse. The rain poured while the wind howled like a wolf, and clouds as black as coal were spread out across the sky limiting light. It was incredibly dim inside the Castle as extra torches and lanterns were being lit and placed around the corridors and classrooms. News about Slytherin cancelling their part in the match had began to spread like wildfire throughout the school and had the Slytherin team looking extremely smug indeed, but nine more so than Draco Malfoy.

"Oh, if only my arm was feeling a bit better!" he let out a false exaggerated sigh as you made your way past him, as you were going to your Defence Against the Dark Arts class.

"Do shut up, Malfoy," you mumbled loud enough for him to hear you, but Draco and his gang of goblin looking things were the least of your concern, you had absolutely no room for anything to focus on apart from the upcoming match tomorrow. Oliver had been no help to you whatsoever either, he had been continually making you late for classes as he was advising you with 'tips' and 'tricks' any time he saw you in corridors between classes.