20 - Snap Out Of It

-second person (y/n pov)-

You didn't have much of a clue about how you managed to make it back to the common room. All you knew was that the trip back was quick. You hardly noticed what was going on around you as your head was still pounding from what you just overheard.

The common room was empty, so you assumed Oliver was held up in the boys' dormitories. You stormed up to his dorm and swung the door open, you needed to talk to him, and fast. It was enough of the constant moods he was in because of a bloody Quidditch match, he needed to snap out of it.

He sat on the edge of his bed with his back facing you, his hair was rough and he was a bit hunched over. He glanced over his shoulder and his eyes widened at the sight of you. You probably looked wild, your hair was a mess as of the wind and you were almost like a raging bull.

"We need to talk."

"Not now," He sighed, shaking his head. "I need a while."

"You don't need a while. This has gone on far too long, and y'know, it's honestly made me lose a bit of respect for you." you said, folding your arms across your chest, "Harry could've almost died and the thing you care most about was losing a bloody match? Get a grip, Oliver."

He looked stunned at what you said, his mouth opened slightly and his eyebrows raised. He picked himself up off the bed and stared at you. A flash of disappointment came across his eyes. He was about to speak but you interrupted him.

"I don't need your excuses. Save them for later." you told him, he nodded silently in return, "I have something to tell you, uh," you paused for a second, contemplating what way to say it. You couldn't just come out and say, 'Sirius Black is our uncle, haha,'.

"You going to tell me?"

"Yeah, er," you took a seat on his bed, "Y'know how mum never talks much about her family?"

"I do, yeah."

"So, there's a reason behind it- they're not dead- well they are, but the reason she doesn't talk about them is because she was disowned from them after going with Dad."

He scoffed a chuckle, his arms folded as he shook his head at you. You glanced up at him with your eyebrows furrowed, what could be funny about that?

"I don't think it's much of a laughing matter," you said, seriously. "Especially coming from you. It's the first smile you've cracked in about a month and it's over Mum getting abandoned by her family?"

"It's just- mum would've told us." he said, "Why wouldn't she?"

"If you let me keep explaining, you'll understand." you shot back, he was acting so thick right now. "Mum's maiden name was Black."

His eyes widened a bit, "Like the sacred twenty-eight Blacks?"

"Yeah, those very Blacks."

"But that'd mean she's related to Sirius Black-" he began.

"Right, right! Let me do the talking," you said, unintentionally raising your voice a bit, "Questions after."

"When her parents found out she was going about with dad, they disowned her because he was a half-blood and they wanted to maintain a pure-blood status for the family." you explained, "She was the eldest girl in the family and she had two younger brother's, one was called, er- what was it?" you pondered, scratching your head, "Oh, yeah, Regulus and the other was,"

He looked at you patiently, as you changed your vision to the floor, shaking your head slightly.

"Sirius Black."