10 - Chasers in Season

-second person (y/n pov)-

The first month of the school year flew past, leaving you, Fred, George and Lee exhausted from the amount of homework you were being given, although, even with the amount of work you got, you still managed to wreak havoc amongst Hogwarts, occasionally setting off a dungbomb in the hallways or setting off fireworks in Filch's office.

At the beginning of October, you had found yourself shoved in the chilly changing rooms of the Quidditch Pitch, eagerly awaiting for Oliver to make his final start-of-year speech, the rest of the team doing the same.

"So, heard any rehearsal for Oliver's speech over the summer?" asked Fred quietly, slumping down on the bench beside you and resting his head on your shoulder.

From across the room, Angelina stared intently at the two of you, slightly squinting her eyes in disgust. It was no surprise she liked the twins, of course, they were tall and funny, not to mention their Quidditch skills which did make them very charming to whoever found it. However, she liked them in a different way, a way in which only a few did. Although she was close with you, she did hold resentment toward you as a result of your close-knit friendship with the twins and Lee. But once caught staring at you both, she quickly averted her eyes towards George instead, who was making his way over to have a chat with her about Godric knows what.

"Nope, none. I did hear him practising a few phrases though," you smiled, staring down at Fred. You watched as he played with the laces of your Quidditch cloak, weaving them together to make a. bow, you noticed how his eyebrows furrowed together when he was concentrating and thought it was cute, but only in a friendly way, of course.

"See something you like, Wood?" murmured Fred, a sneaky grin playing on his face.

"What are you on about, Weasley?" you responded, your voice quieting down, embarrassed you got caught staring at him.

Suddenly dropping the lace, he turned his head to stare up at you through his eyelashes, his dark chocolate brown eyes maintaining eye contact between them. His mouth began to open to speak, only to be cut off by the thump of another body beside them, Harry.

"Oh- hello Harry," you greeted awkwardly, propping yourself up and pushing Fred off your shoulder.

"Didn't interrupt anything, did I?" said Harry, sensing the tension between you two.

"No, nothing at all, just waiting for Ollie to come out," you said happily, glancing toward Fred who was now cockily smirking from ear to ear and sporting a bit of red on his cheeks.

Thump.

"Hey, numpty," said George, who threw himself onto the bench beside you and proceeded to flick you on the head, "Hey other numpty and Harry."

"Hello George," said Harry, shoving on his gloves.

"Godric, what was that for?" you said, rubbing the spot where he had just flicked you, "And numpty, really? You've let your standards slip, Georgie."

"Have to agree with Y/n on that one, thought you were better than that," teased Fred from beside you.

"Be quiet you two, Oliver's coming in to give us his big speech," said George, nudging you in the arm.

"Excuses, excuses," you began, rolling your eyes.

"He just can't admit he isn't the funniest twin, I am."

"What?" You're by far not the funniest-"

"George, shut it," said Oliver, entering the changing rooms.