26 - Careers Advice

-second person (y/n pov)-

The Easter holidays were the complete opposite of fun. It felt as though you spent every minute of every day studying for the upcoming O.W.L's in six weeks, and any ounce of spare time that landed in your hands had to be replaced by Quidditch training.

The Gryffindor-Slytherin match would be taking place on the first Saturday after the Holidays. As Oliver reminded you at every chance he could, Slytherin were leading the tournament by exactly two hundred points meaning that all you needed to win the match by was more than that amount to win the Cup.

The whole of Gryffindor house was obsessed with the coming match. You thought if it hadn't been for your O.W.L's, you would be just as obsessed with it as everyone else. The tension in the atmosphere between Gryffindors and Slytherins was at an all-time high as the game approached quicker and quicker.

You saw a number of small scraps break out in corridors, like the Gryffindor fourth year and the Slytherin sixth year ending up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears.

Fred and George's pranks also often ended up more sinister against Slytherins than any time before, you narrowed this down to sheer nervousness, though.

.....

You rounded up the corner of the Gryffindor Tower and climbed through the porthole, you had been cooped up in the library from the morning to nearly midnight most days and today was not an exception.

Somehow you had persuaded Professor McGonagall to give you a note that permitted you to stay out late to study in case another Professor tried to pull a detention on you.

When you came back to the common room most nights, no one would be present because it was that late, but you were happy this way as it allowed you to get at least another half an hour of more studying done.

However, your expectations were proven wrong as low and behold, Fred Weasley was front and centre in an armchair facing the porthole entrance. He sat perfectly conked out and snoring lightly, his head tipped to rest on one side of the chair.

You silently made your way beside him and lowered yourself onto your knees. You lightly brushed a few strands of hair from his face and stared intently at his features.

In his hands, he held a piece of parchment with the school's crest on it. Curious, you pulled it out of his hand trying not to wake him up.

CAREERS ADVICE

All fifth-years are required to attend a short meeting with their Head of House during the first week of the summer term to discuss their future careers. Times of individual appointments are listed below.

Below you found your name on the period before lunch, allowing you to miss a class of Potions. As you scanned your name through the list, you scoffed lightly as you saw Fred and George had somehow managed to arrange a meeting with each other in the class before yours. Lee had his right after lunch.

You reached over and placed the parchment back into his hands. You grabbed a blanket off the common room sofa and placed it over him as, you thought, he just looked too peaceful asleep and you couldn't bring yourself to wake him.

You bent down and placed your lips lightly against his forehead before stalking off to your dormitory, deciding that you had enough of studying for the one night.

You thought nobody knew about the kiss, only you. But little did you know, you weren't the only one who knew the truth.

.....