5 - Escape to London

-third person pov-

It was now becoming dark and dinner time was nearing, Y/n and Oliver decided to join the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione for dinner too, meaning Tom the innkeeper had to put about all the tables in the pub together just to fit everyone in, not to mention the other guests having their dinner making it even more of a squeeze. Y/n sat beside George and Oliver, across from Fred and Ginny at the end of the table.

"How're we getting to Kings Cross tomorrow, dad?" Fred asked, shoving a spoonful of chocolate pudding into his mouth.

"The Ministry's providing a few cars for us."

Everyone went silent and stared towards the man who was just trying to finish his dessert, even Mrs Wood and Weasley had stopped conversing with each other to find out.

"Why?" said Percy anxiously.

"'Cause of you, Perce." said George seriously. "And there'll be flags on the bonnets with HB on them-"

"-for Humungous Bighead." Fred continued, everyone apart from Percy had snickered at his comment which he thoroughly enjoyed seeing, although he especially wanted to see Y/n's reaction, who was hiding her face in her hands because she was giggling.

As the conversation went on, Y/n, Fred and George started their own.

"Who d'you think the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor will be?" said Y/n, "'Don't see Lockhart coming back anytime soon."

"'Suprised anyone's willing to take the job at this point, it's cursed." said Fred.

"Hopefully they're decent enough and we'll actually learn something." said George.

"George Weasley wanting to learn? Are you sure this isn't just some person under the Poly Juice potion?" Y/n asked sarcastically, causing Fred to laugh and a cheeky grin appear on George's face.

"You two coming up to the room for a while?"

"We'll be up in a minute, you go on." said Fred, throwing George the key from out of his pocket.

"Deciding what I'm doing, Weasley?"

"Got a problem with it, Wood?"

"Only a problem if you make it one,"

"Oh is it now?"

"Mhm, it is."

"Right then, gonna have to do something about this,"

"Like what?"

"Oh, you'll see,"

.....

Everyone started to slowly retreat up the stairs to sleep, apart from the Wood and Weasley parents who were continuing to stay downstairs.

"So Y/n?" said Fred, as they walked down the narrow hall to the twins' room.

"Yes, Freddie?" Y/n responded, looking up at him.

"George told me he asked you to get those chocolate frogs, y'know the muggle ones,"

"I think I see where this is going,"

"Did you bring them?" he asked seriously, causing Y/n to chuckle.

"He never gave me enough notice, by the time Errol came we were leaving," Y/n told him, "But I don't see why we couldn't still get some."

"What are you saying Wood?"

"I'm saying I've got some muggle money that I don't think I'll be using anytime soon,"

"And?"

"And so maybe we could sneak out to a shop on the muggle side of London?"