24 - Night Visitor

-second person (y/n pov)-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

You jolted out of your sleep, as though someone had thrown a bucket of ice-cold water over your head. You pulled back the curtain of your four-poster bed and peered out around your dorm, finding Angelina peeking her head out from her curtains too.

"Did you hear that?" she muttered softly.

"Would be hard to miss it," you said, pulling yourself out of bed and pulling your dressing gown on.

There was suddenly a loud clatter of a door banging, followed by several loud thumps piling down the boy's stairs into the common room, you furrowed your brows at Angelina in question but she simply shrugged back in return.

"Come on, let's go check," you said halfway through a yawn.

Angelina rolled her eyes, with a dazed grin appearing on her face, "Right, right."

The pair of you made your way to the common room, a few other Gryffindors following slowly behind you. The common room was dryly lit by the glow from the dying fire, still quite messy because of the party. Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean and Neville all stood together, looking as though they had just seen a ghost.

"What're you lot doing down here?" you asked, "McGonagall will go mad if she finds out you're all still awake!"

"Black! Sirius Black! With a knife!" Ron shouted, his voice cracking slightly.

"What?"

"Here! Just now! Slashed my curtains! Woke me up!"

You stood there, dumbfounded. How could Sirius Black enter the castle, again? But this time was different, this time he actually managed to get into the dorms.

"And you weren't dreaming?" you asked, grasping for any hope at all that it might not be real.

"I'm telling you, I saw him!"

A few of the other girls had come down the staircase, pulling on dressing gowns and yawning. Boys, too, began reappearing from their staircase.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred said brightly, appearing right at your shoulder.

"How did you even manage to wake up?" you chuckled, "I put you into bed for a reason."

"I'm a man of many wonders, Y/n." he grinned broadly, but he still looked half-blocked. "You should have stayed if you were that keen to keep me in bed."

Your eyes widened and cheeks darkened, thank Godric he couldn't see them with the light of the fire, or else he would never let you live over it.

"Everyone back upstairs!" Percy said, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pyjamas as he spoke.

"Perce- Sirius Black!" Ron said faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

All the questionable murmurs and yawns instantly stopped, the entire common room was still. Hearing it a second time ultimately made you realise the extent of the situation at hand, a mass murderer, your uncle, was in this very castle somewhere, with a bloody knife.