18 - Dungeon Detention

-second person (y/n pov)-

A week had passed since your miserable Quidditch match and Oliver had still not spoken to anyone, including you. Even if you tried to get close to him, he looked as though he was about to throw up and ended up having to excuse himself, which you thought was a bit dramatic. Malfoy was also beside himself with Gryffindor's result, he had finally taken off his bandages (which were useless in the first place you thought) and to celebrate, he often did crude impressions of Harry falling off his broom.

You sat in the corner of the common room, filing out an essay for Potions. The common room was hardly the place to do homework on a Friday night, the place was abuzz with talking and laughter, you were surprised you could actually concentrate and get things done that were presentable to your Professors.

Fred bustled down the boys' dormitory stairs, he hummed merrily with a puffed out chest. His tie was hanging loosely around his neck with the top button of his shirt unbuttoned, his hair was a bit messy too, with parts of it hanging down his forehead; it looked as though he had taken a quick nap after lessons and to be honest, you thought it was quite a look for him.

"I'm off to detention!" he said gleefully, a grin plastered over his face as he wandered over to you.

"Have fun," you said, looking up from your essay.

"Oh, I will."

He hopped out of the porthole and descended down the hall, out of sight. You sighed and pushed the homework away from you. Of course, Snape would be the one to set you a six-page essay on how a Hair-Raising Potion works as if it wasn't obvious by its name.

"Whatcha doing?" a voice said, as a thump came from beside you. You turned and saw Ginny beside you, her cheeks were bright red, presumably from the heat of the fire in the common room.

"Nothing important," you sighed, placing your hands between your thighs.

"Plait my hair then?"

"Sure,"

She turned her back to you and handed you a hair bobble. You began to casually plait her hair, fixing her long flaming hair into the neat design. The both of you sat in a comfortable silence for a while until Ginny spoke up.

"So," she said, "Where are the boys?"

"Fred's in detention, and I have no clue where George or Lee is."

"How come you're not in detention, too?"

"When do I ever get detentions?" you laughed, "I try to limit it to only one or two per year."

"And how's that working out so far?"

"I've only got one-"

"That's nothing to be proud of," Ginny giggled.

"Hard not to when you're friends with your brothers,"

"True," she shrugged.

You continued talking for a while, even after you finished her hair until she retired to her bed. Then an idea struck into your mind, maybe it was daft, but it didn't matter, it wasn't as if you were doing anything else.

At this point the common room was emptied out, only Kenneth Towler was left and he wasn't exactly much fun, he sat over in the corner hunched over a book about Transfiguration. You got up off your chair and headed for the radio, you grabbed it sneakily and shoved it into your skirt pocket as you tiptoed out of the portrait hole.

.....

You were weary not to be caught roaming the corridors as it was past the time students were allowed to be out; A few times you nearly were caught, but only by Filch's bloody cat, Mrs Norris, who was a nasty looking creature.