22 - Fireside

-second person (y/n pov)-

The remaining Christmas Holidays flew past and now it was already January again. The workload Professors were now setting you had majorly increased compared to what you were being given before the break, you almost had at least two essays to complete every night.

Oliver also cracked down on Quidditch training, changing it from only two days a week to five days a week. Ravenclaw played Slytherin a week after the start of term. Slytherin won, but narrowly. This was good news for Gryffindor, though, as the team would take second place if you beat Ravenclaw too.

You were still in a bit of a mood with Hermione, but you never stopped talking to her like Ron, Harry and Oliver did. You felt a bit sorry for her as you knew she was only trying to do what she thought was best by telling McGonagall about the Firebolts but still, the way she mentioned Sirius Black like that in front of everyone still made you cringe any time you thought of it.

.....

"Today we are starting Vanishing Spells. These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until N.E.W.T. level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your O.W.L."

You slumped your head against your hand at the back of the classroom, mildly listening to what McGonagall was saying. With Oliver's constant late-night Quidditch training, you and your team were hardly getting much sleep.

Fred also had a dazed look on his face beside you, he was slumped back in his chair and twiddling his fingers together.

"Having fun?" you muttered quietly.

"So much fun." he replied, "Can't you just tell by my face?"

You giggled lightly at his response and turned your attention back to McGonagall who was now placing two apples on each table. You quickly sat up straight again and smacked Fred on the arm to alert him she was coming.

"Oi! What was that for?" he said rather loudly as he rubbed his arm. Your eyes widened as you tilted your head in her direction.

"Is something bothering you, Mr. Weasley?" McGonagall asked as she reached your and Fred's table.

"Not about here, Professor," he said, flashing her a devilish smile. She merely nodded in return to him, suspicion flashing across the features of her face.

"Then I suggest you keep your voice down."

"Will do, Professor."

You raised your eyebrows at him as McGonagall strode off back to the top of the class, all he did was wink at you back.

You began to practise the wand movements that would be needed for the spell until you finally felt ready to give vanishing the apple a go.

"Evanesco!" you said, flicking your wand at the fruit. Within seconds it was gone, nowhere to be seen. "Handy." you muttered, throwing Fred a grin, "Could use that on you soon."

"You wouldn't know what to do without me, love," he said, casually.

"I'd manage." you shot back.

"For what?" he said, now turning to face you. "Half an hour?"

"Good one." you hummed.

"Now, enough of this yapping," Fred said, cocking his eyebrow at you.

"Your yapping?" you grinned, arching an eyebrow back at him.

"Nope, yours."

"Nah, I think you were the one yapping." You shrugged.

"I'm completely positively sure it was you who was yapping."