4 - Diagon Alley

-third person pov-

As the Leaky Cauldron began to swiftly pile full of Witches and Wizards, Y/n and Oliver sat in a quiet corner and had their lunch. They scoffed down some sandwiches while discussing their plans for the day, the pair were especially excited to see 'Quality Quidditch Supplies' and its new range of Quidditch gloves, but it wasn't the only thing Y/n was excited to see.

"So, what time are we going to head out to Diagon Alley?"

"Af'er we eat 'is," Oliver said through cereal mouthfuls.

"Godric, talk when your done eating, you stinker," teased Y/n, poking him in the shoulder.

"Am jus' tryna tell you when we ar' goin',"

"Tell me once you haven't got half a loaf of bread in your mouth,"

"Right, right,"

.....

Following lunch, the two Wood siblings made their way out to the back of the pub and into a small red-bricked courtyard with a few barrels and boxes littered around the place. Y/n took her wand out of her pocket and tapped it against the wall; counting by three up and two across three times. After a few seconds, the wall started to reorder itself into a door frame, allowing the two to enter the large alley full of people.

"Have you got the galleons?" said Oliver, turning to Y/n.

"Got them here!" said Y/n, tapping a pocket in her coat.

"So where to first?" Oliver asked, staring at the many shops surrounding them.

"Quality Quidditch Supplies?" Y/n responded with her eyes and tone gleaming with hope.

"Is that even a question?" said Oliver sarcastically.

As the pair neared, they saw a large group of Hogwarts students cramped against the large front window which was displaying a jaw-dropping polished broomstick. Y/n and Oliver squished through the amazed crowd to get a glimpse of the small information sign for the broom.

"I'd bet my wand that broomstick is about two and a half thousand galleons." Y/n guessed, mesmerised by the magnificent broom.

"Worth it I reckon," said Oliver, "We've no chance getting into that shop now, better come back when everyone's gone home,"

Once they had squirmed and escaped the crowd, Oliver and Y/n continued walking down the alley having a casual conversation about Quidditch.

"Who do you reckon we're gonna play on our first game?" Y/n asked.

"Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, couldn't see it being Slytherin, not yet," Oliver answered, slightly shrugging his shoulders.

"Hopefully Hufflepuff, they're an easy win,"

"I wouldn't be so sure, that Diggory boy in your year is a superb seeker,"

"Might be good but he's hardly as good as Harry,"

"Still, he is a good rival,"

"True but we'd still floor them," Y/n responded, as she spotted a familiar Gryffindor which would surely lift Oliver's mood, "Is that Aiden?"

"Aiden who?"

"O'Conner, right over there- see?" said Y/n, pointing at a long, lanky brunette boy who was scoffing down a sweet from Sugarplum's Sweets Shop.

Aiden O'Conner, Oliver's best friend since his first year at Hogwarts. He was extremely well known throughout the school as one of the smartest (and best looking) seventh years in Hogwarts, he was an unbelievable dueller too and was head of the duelling club because of it. He was a Gryffindor with Oliver, but he barely scraped in as the Sorting Hat was about to place him into Ravenclaw.