12 - The Dream

-second person (y/n pov)-

You fumbled over to Lupin, your eyes staring at the floor. What had just happened? One minute you were giggling about Lee's Boggart and the next thing you know, you've been scarred for life. You turned your eyes to Lupin, a worried look washed onto his complexion. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it quickly, he pondered what to say to you.

"Are you alright, Y/n?" he spoke, carefully.

"Doing fantastic," you replied sarcastically, but quickly you came to your senses, "Sorry, I just didn't expect to see that.."

"I understand," he began, "they aren't the friendliest of things, Boggarts."

You shook your head, finding no words coming up your throat, almost as if there was a lump in it.

"Eat." said Lupin, pulling a piece of chocolate from his desk, "You'll feel better,"

"Thanks," you said, gratefully accepting the piece of chocolate from him, "I just feel- how do I say this without sounding selfish...I feel embarrassed."

"From your Boggart?" asked Professor Lupin, frowning at you.

"Yeah- everyone saw it...I didn't even think of that as my worst fear." you shrugged, you felt a great deal of guilt travelling through your body. You felt so insincere about the things you said, of course it was your biggest fear, you couldn't imagine living in a world without Fred, George or Lee. 

"I wouldn't annoy myself over it," said Lupin, reassuringly, "It was gone as quick as it came."

"Yeah...I s'pose," you said, sending Lupin a quick smile to assure him you were okay.

"You look like your mother when you smile," he said, picking up the bag he brought with him.

"You know my mother?" 

"Very well," he smiled warmly, "Very well,"

"How?" you asked curiously, your mind almost forgetting the Boggart.

"At Hogwarts, we were both in Gryffindor," he said, glancing up at you, "She was a few years older than me, of course,"

"I'll have to ask her if she remembers you," you grinned, "I've got to get going, thanks Professor,"

"Anytime," he nodded as you left the room.

You closed the door, a sigh escaping from your lips as you closed your eyes. Thank Godric that was the last class you had for the rest of the day, you were ready to curl up into your four-poster bed and play with Lynch for a while, at that moment you couldn't have been bothered even going to the Great Hall for dinner, you just wanted to get back to your dorm.

You began making your way back to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom to grab your belongings as you left them there before heading to the staff room. As you entered the room you saw Fred, alone. He sat with his back turned to you on top of your desk.

"Hey Freddie," you said, walking over to him. You desperately hoped he didn't see your Boggart, as Lupin said it went away as quick as it came.

Fred turned to face you and hopped off the desk, arms raised and engulfed you in a hug. You instantly returned the hug, and clung onto him as if it was the last hug you would ever have. It felt comfortable that he was in your arms after seeing the menacing state he was in as the Boggart. Tears began to swell in your eyes, but you didn't let them fall.

After a few moments, without saying a word to each other, you and Fred left the classroom and climbed to the porthole to enter into the common room. It seemed only Fred and Lupin saw your Boggart before Lupin jumped in front of you to change it. You hastily clambered to your dorm, saying you didn't feel well to the boys and you would be taking a miss on dinner.

You took off your robes and pulled on your pyjamas, flinging yourself onto your bed once ready. You stared at the ceiling, many thoughts racing through your mind, until you eventually drifted to sleep.

.....

A deranged looking mans wand rose with his arm, pointed at a very short man. His thin, colourless hair was unkempt and there was a large bald patch on the top. At once another man, Lupin, seized the deranged man around the wrist, shooting him a warning look, then turned back to the short man.

"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed-"

"Remus," the man named Peter gasped, you could see the beads of sweat breaking out over his greasy face, "You don't believe him, do you?...he tried to kill me, Remus.."

"So we've heard," said Lupin, more coldy. "I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'd be so-"

"He's come to try and kill me again!" Peter shrieked suddenly, pointing at the deranged man, you saw him using his middle finger as his index was missing. "He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me, too...you've got to help me, Remus..."

You stared at the deranged mans face, it looked more skull-like than ever as he stared at Peter with fathomless eyes. You recognised his face, he looked so familiar, yet so far away from anything you'd ever seen before.

"No one's going to try and kill you until we've sorted a few things out," said Lupin.

"Sorted things out?" squeaked Peter, looking wildly around him once more, his eyes landing on you.

"Don't you look at her you-!" roared the man, throwing himself at Peter, only being held back by Lupin.

"I knew he'd come after me! I knew he'd be back for me! I've been waiting for this for twelve years!"

"You knew Sirius was going to break out of Azkaban?" said Lupin, his brow furrowed. "When no-body has ever done it before?"

Then it dawned on you, that deranged looking man, with the messy, unclean hair was Sirius Black.

.....

-second person (y/n pov)-

You shoot up from your sleep, drenched in sweat, you stared hopelessly around the room.  Angelina and Alicia were curled up in their beds, peacefully sleeping. There was no light in the room, unless you counted the moon shining in from the dark night outside.

You shook your head and threw your legs off the bed, what was that dream? Or should you say nightmare?

 You tiptoed over to your desk where a piece of parcment and quill sat, you began eagerly scribbling down the nightmare, recounting every single detail. You grabbed an envelope from your trunk and addressed it to your mother, hopefully she would talk some sense into you that it was just a silly nightmare.

"Lynch?" you whispered to your owl who was sleeping in his cage, he opened his eyes and softly hooted, "Take this to mum, would you?"

Lynch hooted in response, you clambered over to the window next to your bed and opened it, allowing Lynch to fly out and begin his journey. You pulled the window closed and sat yourself back into bed, staring at the ceiling once again. You were in two minds to tell the boys about the dream in the morning but decided against it, what if they thought you were some lunatic

.....

a/n!

short chapter but I might double post tonight, I'll see how I feel lols

word count: 1205