21 - Christmas

.....

-second person (y/n pov)-

On Christmas morning, you felt a large thump come from the bottom of your bed. You opened your eyes groggily and saw Hermione with a wide beam on her face, she was still in her pyjamas and had a dressing gown lazily draped over her shoulders. You turned your head and saw Ginny the other side of you, she too, had a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Come on, Y/n!" she said, pulling you up from your bed, "It's Christmas!"

You grinned and hopped up off the bed. You hugged them both tightly and wished them a 'Merry Christmas' before making a b-line for the common room while they followed you from quickly behind.

As you entered the common room, you saw Fred, George, Ron, Oliver and Harry spread out in a circle either sitting on the floor or on a chair, Percy was nowhere to be seen. Wrapping paper was already littered around the floor, the boys were already sporting the jumpers Mrs Weasley knitted them annually as a present, each of their first initials placed on the front of it.

"Y/n!" Fred roared, jumping up to meet you as you entered the room. He engulfed you in a tight hug, and a whiff of fire powder circled into your nose as you hugged him back. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, Freddie." you smiled at him.

"Oi!" George said, who had now made his way over to the both of you, "Happy Christmas, Y/n."

"Happy Christmas, Georgie." you grinned pulling him into a hug as well. "Right, where's my presents?"

The boys grinned and took you to a small heap of parcels below the common room's lightly decorated tree. You lowered down onto your knees and began to rip apart the paper, which revealed your very own jumper from Mrs Weasley with your initial imprinted on the front.

"Oh, I love these!" you beamed, pulling the jumper over your head.

"I got maroon...again," Ron said gloomily.

"Cheer up, Ron." you nudged him in the side, "It's Christmas."

"You still going on about that bloody jumper, Ickle Ronniekins?" Fred teased the nickname making Ron's ears go slightly pink.

You looked at the rest of the parcel Mrs Weasley sent you and saw about a dozen home-baked mince pies, some Christmas cake and a box of nut brittle.

Around half an hour or so passed and everyone had opened their presents, the twins adored what you got them; a box filled to the brim with supplies they would be needing for some of the 'products' they had talked about creating, along with a box of sweets from Honeydukes and a hamper from Zonko's. Oliver was equally as glad about the new keeper gloves you got him, of course with some sweets too.

Your mother and father sent you some new goggles for playing Quidditch that could repel anything from getting on them while flying, with some homemade treats, too. Oliver, funnily enough, had also got you some new gloves for Quidditch.

George got you a lot of sweets from Honeydukes and a picture of himself as he told you 'Now you will never forget what I look like'.

"What's that?" Ron said, pointing at three unopened parcels.

"Dunno..." Harry replied, reaching over and grabbing them. He looked at the name tags and handed one to you and Oliver, keeping the other one to himself.

You glanced at Fred with a confused look at the shape of the parcel to which he slightly shrugged his shoulders in return.

"Go on, open it up!" Fred urged. You giggled at his enthusiasm and slowly began to unwrap the present, trying to build suspense. "You're killing me."