Chapter 219: Cloudless Mind

It had been far, far too long since Ninjagp had reached a state of true peace. Lloyd was happily reunited with his family, and the ninja were more than happy to see him. Harumi had paid a visit to Acronix and Aunt Josephine, discussing the whole...parents situation. Zephyr's defeat, inevitably, allowed everyone to begin the transition back to their normal lives.

"Yeah, right after we finish fixing all the damage he caused," Kaitlynn interrupted.

"Well, I thought that was quite obvious, also, ruuuude!" Jade retorted.

"Moooving ooonnnn...." Lilla continued.
As far as the palace goes, the repairs are nearly done! The entire team has been lending all their hands and legs to restore all the broken pieces of Ninjago City. In other words: all is well.
"Yes, yes, and then?"
"Aww, the sad news..."
Lilla smiled sadly. "The time has come."
"We did, of course, know the end of our adventures with the Resistance would come eventually, but...now that it's actually here...it seems so much worse. As much as we love our realm we found bonds and friendship from the others, and now we have to leave."
"BUUUUUUUUT-"

"BUT, as Jade mentioned, there is something important that needs to happen first."
"Sorry, wha? What's the important thing? This is the part where I get lost, hehe," Harumi asked Lilla, to no response.

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you sooo much!" Jade threw an arm around Harumi and pulled her in.

"Well, it won't be goodbye forever," Kaitlynn reminded her. "Oni friends means they can always reopen the portals for us, so we can see each other again sometime."

"Speaking of which, where IS everyone?" Harumi asked them. "I know they said to go to the palace, but aren't all the repairs already done??"
"Ah, yes, let's go find out!" Lilla laughed. "Oh, but first, uhhh, the three of us have to go grab some stuff, we'll meet you there, okay byyyyeeeeee!"
Before she could utter a single protest, they were gone. Harumi turned to the palace, which was across the bridge, and shrugged, heading towards it.
When she reached the palace steps, Harumi knocked on the doors, to no response. She paused for a beat, then knocked again. Nothing.

Slowly, she pushed them open, and it was completely dark inside.

"Hutchins? Hello? Anyone?" she called out, and the lights blazed on to reveal a crowd of people facing her.
"HAPPY SIXTEENTH HARUMI!" they shouted.
Harumi was stunned. "What in the name of the First Spinjitzu Master are you guys doing here?!"
Lloyd stepped forward. "Well, last week, Acronix told us your birthday was coming up..."

"So we decided to throw together a party for you!" Kai finished.

"I...I can't accept this. I—"

"You can and you will."
She turned to face Garmadon, who emerged from the crowd.

"Happy Birthday, Harumi. We are all very, very proud of you."

Tears threatened to form in her eyes.
"I don't...all this...it's...you didn't have to..."
"Harumi, NO ONE has done what you've done. And it's your special day, so just enjoy it," Nya gave her a smile, and the tension in her heart began to fade.
"I love you guys so much."

After the hugs came the real party. The dance floor was crowded with guests, couples mostly. Jay and Nya, Zane and Pixal, even Matias and Macy.

While most of the guests opted for the high energy, upbeat style, Lloyd and Harumi were sticking through slow dance together, arms wrapped around each other.
Acronix smiled from a distance, until the lights started to fade, and the stage was illuminated by a single spotlight. Lloyd nudged Harumi towards the stage, and she stumbled towards the center.

"Um...wow. I....sincerely thank you all for being here. I appreciate all of you for your support and help."
There was a loud cheer from the guests and her family.
"I just want to say, I've been on a very, very long journey. I don't think it ends here, and that neither scares me nor makes me happy. I've lived a hundred different personas in sixteen years, and from all of that, I need to say, thank you to the Resistance. You guys taught me how to have a strong soul in addition to a strong body. Taught me how to laugh again, love again, and to feel again what it means to have something in your heart that is worth fighting for. You became not only my friends but my family, and I am eternally your faithful warrior and Resistor.
"The Resistance never quits!" she shouted.
"The Resistance NEVER QUITS!" a cry echoed from the crowd below, as she exited the stage, and Wu took her place.