Chapter 235: It is not as it seems

Help edited by Ai:

Nerves fluttered in Harumi's stomach as she took a deep breath. She longed for the familiar rhythm of ninja training, hoping this would get the ninja to train again. Leaning back, she gazed out the window at her beloved city, the white-haired empress preparing for her fabricated speech.

The weight of responsibility settled on her shoulders. Her acting skills, rusty from disuse, needed to be razor-sharp to pull this off. Humming a calming melody, a constant companion in times of stress, she found solace in the music's steady rhythm. It was a cornerstone of her being, a thread woven throughout the tapestry of her life.

Dressed in her regal attire, the simple elegance of the green dress with its lotus flower motif a stark contrast to the elaborate gowns of her Jade Princess days, she caught a glimpse of her reflection. A wave of disbelief washed over her.

From the shy, misguided girl who once sought to destroy the ninja, she had transformed into the empress, Lloyd's beloved, living a life she could only have dreamt of. "Crazy and misguided," she whispered to her reflection, still astounded by her past self's actions. But that was then, and hopefully, the past wouldn't rear its ugly head again.
A flicker of movement in the periphery caught her eye. She whirled around, but there was nothing. Dismissing it as nerves, she smoothed a stray strand of hair, ensuring her appearance was flawless. A radiant smile plastered on her face, she took a confident step forward.

As she traversed the echoing halls, a faint sound, like whispers on the wind, seemed to follow her. Each time she turned, nothing materialized. Perhaps it was just her imagination playing tricks, the vast palace eerily quiet save for the guards' patrol. Nothing was wrong, nothing was amiss. She had a deadline to meet, and she pressed on.

The click of her heels on the marble floor echoed in the quiet, her hands clasped tightly in the "perfect princess posture" her former adopted parents had drilled into her. Stifling a roll of her eyes, she drew a calming breath. The sun, peeking through the window, cast a warm glow on her path. But then, a glint in the distance caught her eye, stopping her in her tracks.

Turning sharply, she focused on the object, curiosity piqued. What was it?  It was the truck she saw eariler

The truck sat menacingly across the street, its stillness a stark contrast to the city's bustling energy. Despite having hired them for a staged kidnapping, a prickling unease crawled up Harumi's spine. The vehicle hadn't moved from its spot for hours, fueling her growing apprehension. Swallowing hard, she tried to dismiss it as nerves, but a nagging instinct whispered otherwise.
Determined to quell her unease, Harumi decided to investigate. For a ninja in training, vanishing into the night was second nature. Once on the street, she easily reached the truck, her nimble form disappearing beneath its chassis. Voices filtered through the metal, initially sounding harmless. But then, a chilling shift. The men, whoever they were, spoke of a real kidnapping, of holding her for ransom.

Harumi's blood ran cold. She had to get back inside, now. But as she attempted a stealthy exit, her foot clumsily collided with a car part, sending a resounding clang through the night. Panic flared as the truck door creaked open, followed by the heavy thud of approaching footsteps.

Uh no what's gonna happen? :0 anyways thank you for reading the chapter I appreciate it and what did yo think of the writting style? I basically wrote the chapter and then had an Ai help with grammar and such! So thank you Gemini anyways hope you enjoyed and I'll see you all later!