The basement

*they went into the kitchen to make something to eat for dinner.*

Harry: sit down cupcake. I cook.

Louis: wait why?

Harry: You're hurt. 

Louis: okay…

Harry: wonderful… now tell me a story.

Louis: a story? What kind of story?

Harry: I don't know… talk to me. Your voice is smoothing. 

Louis: hmmm…

Harry: what is your favourite memory? 

Louis: when we made that cake.

Harry: okay… your favourite dessert? 

Louis: muffins. 

*Harry raises his eyebrows*

Harry: really? 

Louis: yeah they are delicious. 

Harry: right? I love them too

Louis: mhm.

Harry: any exes?

Louis: nope. 

Harry: good.

Louis giggles: it's enough for one of us to deal with stupid exes… you're fine.

Harry giggles: yeah.

Louis: he was jealous. 

Harry: I know. 

Louis: but I think he was more mad about the fact that you are happy next to me. Like the killer me.

Harry: probably. Now it comes my question… why do you keep saying that leaving is the best option when I literally begged you to not leave me? I feel like something is wrong…

Louis looks at him: because when you love someone you have to let them go.

Harry: no you don't. 

Louis: yes you do. My sister left when we were at the lowest point in our lives… and my mum said that when you love someone you have to let them go.

Harry: you let them go if they'd be better without you. 

Louis: and you wouldn't?  You wouldn't be better without the constant fear of dying? Without a criminal that can bring you the worst next to you? 

Harry: no… because as I am not the officer when I'm with you, you are not the criminal when you're with me. Lou for me, you are Lou… my cupcake, the one I want to cuddle with all my life… you are you.

Louis pouts: I didn't know that.

Harry: well now you know that. 

Louis: it's just… I am terrified…

Harry: of what? 

Louis: I am terrified that you will one day realise who you trust and you will… 

Harry: kill you?

*Louis nods*

Harry: I'm not my dad.

Louis: I'm not saying-

Harry: no but you're thinking about it. 

Louis: no I'm not. But any human on this earth would destroy me if they knew what I did… 

Harry: I'm not any human… I'm Harry… and I accept you and your past. Can't you see? 

Louis: but what if you'll stop?