1| 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

"Hello?" A blonde spoke into the phone. She twirled the cord against her slender fingers as she furrowed her eyebrows. It was quite late at night. The only sound was the quiet pops of jiffy pop as it cooked on the stove. Her blue eyes wandered to the phone. She half wondered if it was Steve. He would always prank her at ungodly hours.

"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨?" A deep, attractive voice spoke out. The blonde furrowed her eyebrows. This wasn't Steve. It didn't sound like someone she would know either. She stopped twirling the cord on her finger for a moment.

"Yes?" She questioned. It was quiet for a moment on the other side. She almost hung up before a reply was heard.

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?" The voice questioned hesitantly. She bit her lip as she unravelled the cord from her fingers. She wondered who it was. Maybe someone from school. She doubted it was anyone she knew properly.

"Who are you trying to reach?" She questioned back as she glanced back over to the jiffy pop. Her eyes trailing back to the phone with a raised eyebrow.

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫," The voice bit out. Casey shrugged her shoulder's lightly as she nodded in agreement. She knew it wasn't someone she knew.

"It happens. Have a nice night!" She replied lightly as she put the phone down. She didn't give the caller a chance to reply as an uneasy feeling pitted inside of her. But she quickly shook it away.

"Who was that?" A brunette asked as she stepped into the kitchen. Her hair was a light brown and complimented her natural tanned appearance. Her eyes were a dark, brown too and only conplimented the warm tones of her appearance. The blonde turned to her friend quickly.

"Wrong number," The blonde shrugged as the brunette smirked. She shook her head slightly as she made her way over to the blonde.

"Is that your way of hiding that it was Steve, Casey?" The brunette teased as Casey shook her head quickly. She knew it wasn't Steve. Despite his commitment to teasing Casey to death, he had never been able to pull of prank calls. He'd never done one yet. A smirk filled the brunette's pink lips as she leaned herself against the kitchen island.

"It wasn't Steve," Casey stated as Nova wiggled her eyebrows. Casey laughed as she turned her back to the girl. She focused her attention back to the jiffy pop.

"So who was the mysery man?" She questioned as Casey shrugged.

"Never got a name, Nova," Casey explained as the brunette nodded. She wondered if Casey was secretly cheating on Steve. However, she had been talking about him the whole time Nova had been here. It was quite annoying.

"Case, come on! I promise not to tell Steve!" Nova exclaimed with a wink as Casey rolled her eyes. She wasn't cheating on Steve and definetly not with someone on a random phone call.

"It wasn't like that. As I said, it was the wrong call," Casey shrugged off as Nova frowned. She quickly replaced it with a teasing smirk as the phone began to ring again. She reached over to grab the phone as Casey quickly tried to stop her. But ultimately failed as Nova held the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She questioned as she turned to Casey with a teasing smirk. She expected Steve to reply and ask for Casey but it wasn't Steve. Casey frowned slightly as she glanced over her friend.

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?" A deep voice spoke back. Nova bit her lip. The voice was very attractive. She winked at Casey teasingly as she leant back against the kitchen island. Casey watched her movements as she shrugged.