11| 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐮𝐩

Randy had ditched Nova. That's what she figured out anyways as she soon left the ice cream shop. Maybe he got caught up in something? Nova left the unanswered questions in her head. She still felt guilty about her arguement with Sidney. Maybe she was being too harsh and she knew she shouldn't force Sidney to move on. But she didn't understand why she had to call her dad if he ignored them for the past year. He hadn't even helped his grieving daughters. He just packed up and left for 'buisness trips.'

Nova soon arrived home and it was eerily quiet. She sighed. Sidney must have gone to Tatum's and now she was left home alone. Despite what happens whenever she is home alone, she found it comforting. Recently she felt like everyone was wrapping her in bubble wrap. She just couldn't wait until she finished school and could leave Woodsburo.

She kicked off her shoes as she soon sat down on the couch. She quickly grabbed the remote and turned on the tv.

'𝑂𝑛 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑒𝑤𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑢𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑡𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠'

Nova quickly turned off the tv as she let out a small sighed. She hadn't been there that night. She had been with Tatum picking out outfits for Stu's upcoming party. Sidney was the one who found Mareen. Nova put her head in her hands as she ran a hand through her hair. She just wished that everything would go back to normal. But that was just hopeful thinking.

The sudden ringing of the phone brought her out of her thoughts. She slowly got up as she tried to shake away the sudden anxiety she got by the horrid shrill of the phone. Maybe it was her dad?

"Daddy?" She questioned. She knew he would call sooner or later. Maybe Sidney told him that Nova didn't want to call him. It wasn't exactly something she was looking forward too.

"𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬."

Nova felt like all the air had been sucked out of her as she paled. It wasn't her dad. No. No! It was the same voice that had been tormenting her. It was the killer. She had the killer on the phone.

"I'm not in the mood for your games!" She spat out as she glanced around her house. She knew they'd be somewhere close. They always were.

"𝐀𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭!" The killer taunted as Nova's eyes widened. He was already in the house. She crept around the corner of the kitchen as she glanced down the empty hallway. Her brown eyes traced every detail so nothing went unmissed.

"Where are you?" She asked hesitantly. It always seemed like the killer wanted to play a game of cat and mouse with her. There was a small, disorientated laugh on the other side. One that made Nova shiver as her stomach knotted.

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥," The voice replied back. There was a sudden creak from upstairs as Nova's head snapped up. She let out a shaky breath as she crept towards the stairs. She gripped the phone in her hand. If worse came to worse then she'd throw the phone at the killer. It wouldn't do much damage but it would distract them.

                          ||☏︎||

Nova cursed the creaky stairs as she made her way towards the bedroom

Nova cursed the creaky stairs as she made her way towards the bedroom. The killer hadn't even spoken another word up to now. They were waiting. She didn't even know why she was going towards them but there was no turning back now.

The light from her bedroom lit up the room slightly. There were still dark shadows that covered corners. Her brown eyes raked over every detail in her room. Nothing had been touched. Nothing moved and no one was there. She almost called the killers bluff when a body crashed into hers. She let out a small groan as her back was slammed into the wall. She felt something sharp on her throat as her breath hitched. Two ghostly eyes that were blacked out by the mask watched her. The mask was white with a large mouth that mimicked an everlasting scream. She shuddered slightly as she tried to keep the tears welling in her eyes at bay. Their hands on her felt like they weighed tons in this moment.

"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨, 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚," The killer adressed as he watched her squirm under his touch. He pushed the knife on her neck slightly as he felt her freeze. Her wide eyes watching him. Waiting for him to do something.

"What do you want?" She spat out as the killer tilted it's head. She furrowed her eyebrows at them. She still wanted to know why they were after her. No one else had been attacked up to now apart from her. The police didn't even know about it.

"I'm not even apart of Casey Becker's click if that's what your going after!" Nova continued. She liked Casey but she wasn't apart of her group. They were all too snobby and annoying for her to like them. The killer shook his head as if he was telling off a child.

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞," The killer hinted. Nova furrowed her eyebrows. Closer to home? The only thing she could think of was her mother. Her eyes widened as the killer tauntingly nodded. That meant they killed her. But if they did then Cotten Weary was innocent. Before Nova could reply, the knife got dangerously close to her face. Her eyes watched it carefully as she tried to remain calm.

Nothing could of prepared her for the excruciating pain that came. It was like a hot iron had been struck on her face. She felt black dots blur her vision as her eyes fell on the mask. That stupid mask!