29| **𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚**

[𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓]

Nova stared at the test in front of her. Her brown eyes were wide as she stared at it. This couldn't be happening. Not now. Not after everything she had gone through!

"Nova? You okay?" Christine Carpenter asked. Nova glanced to the door with an unsure expression. She had been staying with the elder woman for a few weeks now. Christine had offered her sanctuary and had taken her in as if she was her own. Nova couldn't go back to her house. She couldn't face it. There were too many unwanted memories there.

"I-"

Nova didn't know what to do as she glanced back down to the test. The faint plus sign staring right back at her as she let out a sigh. She ran a hand through her hair. She was pregnant!

"Nova? Open the door, please dear," Christine asked softly. Nova slowly opened the door and allowed Christine to enter. A tear fell from her face as she turned to Christine. Christine watched her with a frown.

"I'm pregnant," Nova cried out. Christine quickly pulled her into her arms as Nova wrapped her arms around her. She let out quiet sobs. It echoed around the bathroom as Christine glanced at the test.

She knew what she had to do.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of you," Christine spoke out as she rubbed Nova's back. Nova pulled away as she stared at Christine. She shook her head quickly.

"I can't put that on you. You've already done so much for me!" Nova breathed out as Christine sent her a smile. She had never had a child of her own. Nova was the perfect daughter. She knew what she was getting into.

"Nova Carpenter. You are already like a daughter to me!" Christine spoke out as she gave Nova a soft smile. She brushed out the stray strands in Nova's face as Nova quickly hugged her.

"Thank you!"

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

                ||𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐎𝐍𝐄||