2| 𝐆𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐝

Nova's eyes widened at Casey's answer. Why would Casey lie? Casey glanced back to Nova with a teasing wink. Nova rolled her eyes.

"𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆," The caller suddenly spoke out in a raspy voice. Nova furrowed her eyebrows. She only caught a few words of what the caller had said. Casey furrowed her eyes but the smirk never left her face.

"Why do you wanna know my name?" Casey asked. Nova rolled her eyes as she shook her head at Casey. Casey was getting bored of this caller. After all, they were only trying to get a date with her like most boys at school. Maybe it was someone from school.

"𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭," The caller simply replied but only Casey heard it. Her body stilled as she felt the air leave her lips. The smirk dropped from her lips as she felt her heart skip a beat. Nova noticed the sudden change in mood as she raised an eyebrow at Casey. But Casey found herself at a loss of words.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠? 𝐂𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞?" The caller teased out. Nova quickly stepped over but as soon as she reached Casey. Casey shoved the phone towards her.

"What did you say?" Nova asked as she carefully glanced towards Casey. The blonde was now hurrying around and checking all the locks. The simple action made Nova shudder as she tried to remain calm.

"𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝐭𝐨," The caller replied. Nova took note at the emphasis on the word 'talking.'

"That's not what you said," Casey blurted out from beside Nova. Nova furrowed her eyebrows at the girl. Casey looked pale and sweaty. Nova didn't understand what had got her so worried but Nova didn't like how the callers tone had now turned somewhat sinister.

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝?" The caller retorted in a harsh tone. Nova was a little taken aback as Casey shook in her place beside her. She frowned slightly. Nova stepped towards the large windows that led onto the porch. She quickly flicked the switch that illuminated the porch. Her eyes swept along the porch but it was hard to see anything.

"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨?" The caller questioned. Nova quickly shook her head towards Casey and stepped back towards the kitchen island. Where the phone holster was.

"Listen, I've got to go," Nova rushed our quickly.

"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭! 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮-"

Nova slammed the phone down onto the holster as she let out a large sigh. She leant against the counter as Casey let out a shaky breath. Nova wondered if this was some sort of prank. Maybe it was. Maybe they should've called the police a long time ago.

                           ||☏︎||