21| 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

"I'm telling you, the dads a red
herring. It's Billy!" Randy exclaimed out as he stepped backwards. Nova let out a small sigh as Stu's eyes caught something behind him. Randy's eyes widened as his breath caught his throat.

"How do we know your not the killer?" Billy questioned in a harsh tone. He clenched his jaw as he glanced Randy up and down. His hand gripped Randy's shirt. Nova tried to move towards them but Stu quickly grabbed her and signalled her to not intervene.

"huh?" Billy asked. Randy was still in shock of being caught by Billy. Nova shook her head at the two as Stu quickly joined them. He placed his arms on Randy's shoulders as the two cornered him. Nova let out a sigh. Now wasn't the time for a whos dick is bigger competition!

"Guys! Just leave him be," Nova spoke out. Two heads snapped to her as Nova folded her arms over her chest. Billy clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth as he glanced over her.

"Not now, doll. Got something to take care of," Billy replied softly before going back to his cold persona when he turned back to Randy. Nova let out a sigh. The nickname sent shivers down her spine but she didn't understand why. Stu let out a little giggle as he drummed his fingers on Randy's shoulders.

"Hi Billy," Randy muttered out nervously as he stared at Billy. The look in his eyes was different. It was like something had clicked in Billy. Like a veil had been pulled up and this was the real Billy he was seeing. The Billy that was different.

"Maybe your movie-freaked mind lost it's reality button, huh? You ever think of that?" Billy continued to push on. Randy gulped nervously. He didn't know how he was getting back from this. Nova watched them cautiously. She didn't want Billy to do something to Randy. Randy probably didn't mean it anyways.

"You're absolutely right! I'll be the first to admit it. If this was a scary movie, I'd be the prime suspect!" Randy explained as Stu fiddled with his ear. Nova furrowed his eyebrows. Why would Randy be a prime suspect? He hadn't been involved in anything, had he? No. Nova wouldn't suspect her friend. She wouldn't.

"That's right," Billy breathed as he loosened his grip slightly on Randy. Randy ,however, was still sweating and look unusually scared.

"And what would be your motive?" Stu questioned quietly. Nova's interest perked as she glanced towards Randy. Randy shook out of Stu's hold as he turned slightly towards him.

"It's the millenium. Motives are incidental," Randy spoke out as Billy watched him with interest.

"Millenium? I like that. That's good. It's the millenium!" Billy teased as he wiggled Randy's nose with his hand. Randy gave him an annoyed look as Stu watched amused. Billy looked Randy up and down before giving a pointed look to Stu.

"Good kid," He muttered out as he patted Randy on the cheek. He moved back slightly with his eyes still on Randy before leaving. Nova let out a breath of relief as Stu smirked.

"Millenium. Good one!" Stu mocked to Randy as Randy turned back to them.

"And your telling me that's not the killer?" Randy breathed out with a concerned look. Stu patted Randy on the shoulder and moved towards Nova who shrugged.

Maybe Randy was right.

                          ||☏︎||

"Jealous, huh?" A voice spoke out as Stu and Nova exited the store

"Jealous, huh?" A voice spoke out as Stu and Nova exited the store. Nova didn't even have to turn to know who the voice belonged to. She rolled her eyes and continued walking until an arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Your not mad, are you?" Billy chuckled out as Nova glanced over to him. He looked amused as he gave a glance to Stu who watched the pair carefully.

"No," Nova replied in a bored tone. Billy smirked at her. He knew she was mad. He could read her like an open book.

"No need to lie. I can practically smell the envy," Billy teased out as Nova turned to him with an annoyed look. She didn't understand what Billy thought he had accomplished.

"I'm not lieing!" She huffed out. She was irritated. She didn't even know why. Maybe it was because she had seen Billy flirting with those girls. Or how Stu accused her adoptive father of being a murderer and Randy saying he was dead. Or maybe how Randy had accused her childhood bestfriend. Nova really didn't know who she could trust. However whenever she turns a corner, Billy and Stu are always there.

"Sure, sweetheart," Billy hummed out as he continued walking. Stu following as Nova sped up to catch up to him. She let out a scoff as the two watched her with matching grins.

"I am not jealous of you talking with those girls!" Nova huffed out as Billy smirked. Stu had a shit-eating grin on his face as Nova furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" Nova asked confused. The two found the reaction adorable.

"How did you know I was on about that? Could have been about Randy being so close to me and Stu!" Billy teased out as Nova blushed embarassed. She glanced down to the floor as the two chuckled.

"Whatever. I need to go back home to get ready for the party," Nova spoke out as she glanced back up. The two had an unrecognisable look in their eyes as they watched Nova. Billy smirked.

"What, no goodbye kiss?" He joked as Nova scowled. Billy could be really annoying at times.

"How about you stick it up your ass instead?" Nova dead-panned as she began walking away from the two. She wasn't too far from her house. Stu and Billy watched with a smirk. She had no idea what they had planned tonight.

"Gladly!" Stu called out as Billy elbowed him.

"Ow! What was that for?" Stu whined out as he turned to Billy. Billy's eyes hardened as he turned to Stu.

"You ready for tonight?" Billy asked. He needed to know. They couldn't change it now. They were too close. Too close to getting what was theirs.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am."