8| 𝐍𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐃

Nova flicked through the casette tapes at Stu's house. The boys were off somewhere else whilst she was left to decide on what movie to watch. She got an odd sense of deja-vu. She had been doing the same thing at Casey's house only minutes before the events that led to Casey's death. She wondered what would have happened if they had never answered the phone. Would they have met the same fate?

Suddenly the phone began to ring. Nova's stomach twisted as her head snapped up. The dreary noise echoed through the house as Nova waited for someone to answer it. But the sound didn't stop. She discarded the casette tapes on the floor as she quickly stood up. She furrowed her eyebrows. Where were Stu and Billy?

"Stu? The phones ringing!" Nova called but there was no answer. She got an unsettling feeling of dread as she slowly made her way to the kitchen. The ringing sound had no sign of stopping. Nova's eyes fell on the phone once she entered the kitchen. Maybe it was Stu's parents?

"Hello?" Nova asked as she picked up the phone. She held the device near her ear as she glanced around the kitchen. It was empty. There was a discarded packet of crisps lay on the counter but no sign of the boys she was looking for. She heard breathing on the other side and furrowed her eyebrows. What the hell?

"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨, 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚," A deep voice greeted. Nova's eyes widened as she instantly recognised the sinister voice from hell. Her hand gripped the phone tightly. It was the same voice from the night Casey died.

"Where are you?" She asked quickly, almost cutting him off. She peered around the kitchen. She made sure she didn't miss anything as she stayed by the phone. She hoped Stu and Billy would show up soon.

"𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤, 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚?" The killer whined down. Nova frowned slightly. She rememebered how they'd distracted Casey and her before. She wasn't that stupid to do it again.

"I'd rather not," She muttered as she heard a creak in the living room. She turned towards the living room. If they were in there then they'd find her soon. Nova looked around for any kind of weapon. She wasn't going to go down without a fight. Her eyes caught onto the knife block as she quickly grabbed the largest knife in there. A short tutting sound came through the phone.

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐡𝐮𝐡? 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧," The killer exclaimed smugly as Nova sighed. She held the device in one hand and the knife in her other tightly. She began to slowly make her way out of the kitchen. She made sure her footsteps were light. She was paranoid as the same fear from last night crept inside her. But she tried to remain calm.

"That was before you killed my friend, fucker!" She deadpanned back. She entered the living room but it was empty. The casette tapes were still sprawled out on the floor. Nova furrowed her eyebrows. She thought she'd heard something in here.

"𝐎𝐡 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲," The killer purred out. Nova wrinkled her nose in disgust as she glanced around the living room. A creak behind her caused her to spin around quickly. She almost let out a yelp until she noticed Stu's cat on the kitchen counter. Nova sighed as she cursed the damn cat. She slowly walked over to it, leaving the knife on the counter.

"You scared the shit out of me!" She muttered to the cat who just pured. The cat quickly jumped down and headed towards the backdoor. Nova realised what it wanted and soon followed. She almost forgot about the killer on the phone until she let the cat out the back door.