14| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Nova slowly made her way down the ladder with the folder tucked under her arm. She felt disorientated. Her whole life was a lie. Mareen wasn't even her real mum. Her dad wasn't her dad. Sidney wasn't even her sister. The name she'd been going by her whole life wasn't even hers!

She felt numb. She met Billy's gaze as he furrowed his eyebrows at her. She looked detached from everything. He glanced at Stu who looked even more confused. He tilted his head slightly as they waited for Nova to say something. Anything.

"Mareen lied," She stated quietly. Billy and Stu watched her cautiously. It was the first time she had called her mother by her real name. Nova sucked in a breath as she handed Billy the folded. He slowly took it with an unreadable expression.

"It's all in there," She muttered as she moved past them. The two followed her quickly as they all sat on her bed. Billy carefully opened the folder. It was clearly old. His brown eyes flickered over the documents as he realised what Nova said now. She stared at the wall blankly as she waited. Stu's eyes widened as both boys glanced at each other then at Nova. She ripped her eyes away from the wall and looked at them with teary eyes.

"Everything was a lie!" She stated quietly as a tear dropped from her eye. Billy pulled her into him quickly as he rubbed her back. Soon the room was filled with her loud, heart-wrenching sobs. Stu stared at the two with a hard expression. His jaw was clenched and he had a serious look in his eyes. He wanted to kill Mareen again. Feel her vile blood on his hands whilst she pleaded Billy for forgiveness. Now, he wanted Sidney and Neil Prescott more dead than ever.

"It wasn't all a lie," Billy whispered comfortingly in her ear. She hesitantly glanced up to him. Her eyes were red and watery. Her cheeks had tear stains and her bottom lip quivered slightly between her teeth.

"I'm not even a Prescott!" Nova muttered weakly as she harshly wiped away her tears. Billy grabbed her arm quickly as she glanced over at him. She felt hopeless. She didn't know how to feel. Her world had been turned upside down. Billy shook his head as she tried to look away from him. But he gently grabbed her chin and guided her face towards him.

"Listen, Nova. It doesn't matter. You still have me and Stu," Billy tried to comfort and Stu nodded in agreement. He moved to her other side as she leant her back against him.

"I think that's all I'll need," she muttered as Stu wrapped his arms around her. The pair didn't even know Nova was adopted. They were still worried she'd be mad about the inevitable demise of her family but now things were different. Now things had been made just a little bit easier. Billy gave her a soft smile in response. All they needed were each other. That's what they had always wanted for her.

                           ||☏︎||

Nova lay asleep in Stu's arm. Her head lulled to the side as Friday the 13th played in the background.  The same film that Stu had questioned Casey on. Billy and Stu had decided to stay with her. They didn't want to leave her alone right now. They knew how reckless Nova could be at times and didn't want her to do anything she may regret. It kind of played into their favour considering she was in their arms tonight.

"Did you know?" Stu asked Billy quietly as he tore his gaze away from Nova. Billy's head snapped up to him as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did it looked like I knew?" Billy snapped back quietly as Stu's eyes widened. Stu shook his head quickly as he nervously looked back down to Nova. She looked peaceful. It hadn't took them long to lull her to sleep. They knew she hadn't been sleeping much. It was annoying considering it took away their time spent with her. It was harder for Stu to get his pictures unoticed now.

"This could work though," Billy muttered as he ran a hand through his hair. Stu nodded in agreement as he ran a hand through Nova's soft, brown hair. She didn't even move an inch.

"How?" Stu asked quietly as he stole a glance at Billy who was still staring down at Nova.

"Her and Sidney will drift apart now," Billy explained as Stu nodded. They had noticed how they hadn't spoken to each other since the arguement. Sidney didn't even notice that Nova had been attacked.

"So the party's still on?" Stu asked excitedly. Billy glanced up from Nova with a smirk. The party. When they would finally get Nova all to themselves and they could leave Woodsburo.

Forever...