17| 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐬

Nova arrived at Stu Macher's house shortly after. She hesitantly knocked on the door. Stu had invited her over. She didn't know why she accepted but she did. It was better than staying home alone. Sidney was staying at Tatum's after the incident. Tatum had invited her but Nova didn't want to argue with Sidney anymore. A few moments later, Stu answered the door. He was in his boxers and his hair was slightly messy. Nova had to avoid glancing over him as she sent him a small smile.

"Hey," She muttered as she glanced over Stu. His blue eyes watched her with an unreadable expression. She shrugged it off. His bestfriend had just been accused of murder by her adoptive sister. Wasn't exactly the best thing to happen.

"Hey! Come on in," Stu pulled her in as he grinned. Nova nodded as she let him drag her into the living room. His parents weren't home. They never were. They left a note in the kitchen with sloppy handwriting saying they'd be back. It was usual that Stu was left home alone. He pulled her onto the couch quickly as she let out a sigh.

"I can't believe Billy got arrested," She muttered out weakly. She was tired. Tired of everything going on. She just couldn't believe Sidney would accuse her boyfriend. But Nova wondered what had happened. In the heat of the moment, she hadn't got Sidney's side. Stu nodded in agreement as he pulled Nova into him.

"I can't believe your sister branded him the candyman. I mean I know they had their differences but," Stu stated as Nova nodded in agreement.

"I just don't understand why," Nova muttered out as she turned to Stu. He glanced at her eyes and then her lips. He quickly shook the thought out of his head. Billy would kill him if he did.

"Maybe he was just there at the wrong time," Stu suggested as Nova shrugged in agreement. Billy would often visit the Prescott's late at night anyways.

"He didn't say he was coming over," Nova trailed off in thought as Stu shrugged.

"Maybe he was finalising things with Sidney. I mean they did break up," Stu exclaimed boredly as if it was obvious. Nova's eyes widened as she sat up straighter. Stu watched her with a confused expression.

"Sidney and Billy broke up?" She asked suddenly as Stu's eyes widened. Billy was definetly going to kill him now.

Shit!

"I wasn't suppose to tell you," Stu muttered in a sad tone. Nova furrowed her eyebrows as she watched him. Stu was a soft boy who could easily become overwhelmed.

"Why not, Stewey?" She asked softly as she used the old nickname. Stu glanced up to her. His light, blue eyes practically sparkling.

"You should ask Billy," He stated as if he knew that he needed to say that. That he knew if he didn't, something bad would happen. Nova stared at him for a moment. Her brown eyes staring into his. Stu wished that for a moment, she would lean in and give him the very thing he wanted. But she didn't. Instead, she turned around and leant back into him.

"Yeah when he gets out," Nova exclaimed as she let out a small yawn. She carefully grabbed Stu's hand as she began to play with his fingers. It was something she did when she was nervous or stressed.

"You believe he's innocent," Stu asked carefully. He peered down at her as she paused in her actions. Stu needed to know. Billy said the plan was dependant on her trusting them. After all, if she went against their orders that night then she'd find out stuff earlier than needed.

"Do you?" Nova asked seriously as she stared at Stu's hand.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do" Stu quickly replied. It was a straight answer. He seemed certain in it and that was all Nova needed.

"Then there's my answer," She replied back softly as she leant her head into his shoulder. Stu kissed the top of her hairline softly as her eyes began to droop. Stu couldn't wait until she was securely in his arms, all the time.

                          ||☏︎||

Nova watched Stu as he prepared breakfast

Nova watched Stu as he prepared breakfast. Nova didn't know he could even cook as she watched him scramble around the kitchen. She let out a small giggle as she slowly climbed off the couch. She made quiet steps towards the kitchen as she bit back a smile. Stu flipped the pan as if trying to see his skills but the pancake inevitably stuck to the ceiling. Nova tried to hid her laugh in her hand but failed as Stu quickly spun around to her. His eyes lit up with a playfull expression. His grin widened.

"Oh, you think that's funny?" Stu asked playfully as he inched closer to Nova who nodded quickly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do," She mocked his words from last night. Stu quickly grabbed her by her waist and picked her up. Her spun her around the kitchen as few times. Her laughter filled the air. She felt free in that moment. But there was one thing missing. Billy. Stu slowly put Nova down on her feet as she fell into him. The boy trying to catch her fall as the two laughed on one another.

The two glanced into each others eyes for a moment as the world seemed to pause. Stu inched closer. His head tilted at an angle that he could see her better. She looked beautiful to him. Even with her messy hair or eyebags that showed the amount of sleep she was actually getting. Before Nova could comprehend what was happening, she felt Stu's soft lips against hers. She quickly moved in sync as she felt her back be pushed against the wall. His hands moved down her body as his lips moved onto her neck. She let out a moan as he sucked on her soft spot. Stu smirked against her as her hands ran through his hair. Nova's eyes widened as she quickly realised what she was doing, what she had just done.

"Stu!" Nova called out quickly. She put a hand on his chest as he quickly glanced down to her. The two breathing heavily as they tried to regain their composure. Nova couldn't believe what she had done. She kissed her friends boyfriend!

"W-we can't!" She breathed out as Stu rested his head against hers. He hadn't even heard her words properly. He was still in the moment. Her soft lips against his. The effect he had on her made him overjoyed. But now he was definetly a dead man.

Nova quickly brushed past him as she fixed her shirt slightly. She felt guilty. Guilty she had kissed her friends boyfriend. But regretful she didn't let it carry on. She slowly turned to Stu who was watching her with a soft gaze. He hadn't even uttered a word to her. That made her feel even worse.

"I uh have to go to my house to get my things," She began as she glanced away from him. "I'll see you at school?"

Nova didn't even wait for his reply as she rushed out of the house. She didn't look back. She didn't have to. She didn't want to. She felt like a homewrecker. Maybe that's what she was. She condemned Mareen for her actions and yet here she was kissing her friends boyfriend. She felt sick. She put a hand to her forhead as she let out a sigh. But she couldn't lie and pretend she wished it never happened.