18| 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Nova arrived at school. She held her head high as she tried to remain calm. She was trying to think of the rational excuses for her actions. She liked Billy. But she also liked Stu. How could she like them both? She felt greedy, and she felt like a traitor.

"Hey, Nova," Tatum greeted. Nova sucked in a breath as she slowly turned to Tatum. She saw her bright smile and felt terrible. Was she a bad friend? She'd rather no one answered that. She put on a fake smile.

"Hey, Tates!" She greeted quietly. She tried to sound strong, but it came out as the opposite. Tatum turned to her with furrowed  eyebrows but shrugged it off. After all, she was close to Billy and her sister had just sent him to jail overnight. Tatum thought it was ironic that Nova seemed more effected than Sidney. Tatum had always said that Nova and Billy would be a better match.

"Did you hear?" Tatum asked as she glanced at Nova, who shook her head quickly. She hadn't watched the news yet. She had been caught up, if she could even put it that way.

"Billy's cellular was found clean. He wasn't related to the murders," Tatum explained as Nova grinned. Tatum chuckled as Nova raised an eyebrow.

"So he'll be in school today?" Nova asked as Tatum shrugged.

"Who knows? I sure wouldn't," Tatum exclaimed as she soon spotted Sidney. She bidded her goodbyes to Nova, who watched her leave with a frown. She paused in her movements. She was glad Billy wasn't the killer, but it meant that the killer was still out there. She shivered slightly as she crossed her arms.

Suddenly, arms clasped around Nova's waist as she quickly spun around. Nova let out a yelp, but her eyes soon widened as she saw Billy stood in front of her. He looked the same as he did last night. Nova grinned as she quickly pulled him into a hug.

"You jerk!" She laughed off as Billy grinned. He rubbed his hand up and down her back slowly as she soon pulled away. Her brown eyes glanced over him. She examined him for any cuts or bruises. There were thankfully none.

"If I knew you'd missed me that much, maybe I'd piss off the cops more often!" Billy exclaimed as Nova rolled her eyes. Billy just loved to toy with Woodsburo police officers. She elbowed him lightly.

"You look tired," She exclaimed softly as she glanced over him. Billy chuckled as he pulled her to his side. He began walking towards school with her. Heads snapping towards them as they watched the duo with judgemental eyes. Whispers following them.

"Don't worry about it," he muttered as he glared at the eyes. He wasn't exactly in the mood for school, but he had to not seem suspicious. He also wanted to see Nova considering what Stu had told him this morning when he picked him up.

"Are you mad?" She asked softly. She hadn't done anything that night. She had tried to tell them he was innocent. But it was Sidney's word against hers, and Sidney was the one who had been attacked. Billy frowned slightly as he shook his head quickly.

"It wasn't your fault," Billy replied as Nova shrugged. She felt guilty even if it wasn't her fault. Billy had still been stuck in holding all night.

"I know but I still feel bad," Nova explained as Billy chuckled softly. Nova smiled softly at the sound.

"You ever gonna stop worrying about me, prescott?" Billy asked jokingly as he wrapped an arm around Nova's shoulder. Nova chuckled lightly as the two began walking towards school.

"It's my job," Nova teased as he glanced up to Nova. Her smile was so bright as she looked up to Billy. She felt like today was gonna be a good day. Billy chuckled as he glanced down to her. He felt a wave of guilt flash through him. It was almost time and yet he felt bad for what he was about to put her through.

Should he reconsider?

                          ||☏︎|| 

Nova spotted Sidney as they made their way down the corridor

Nova spotted Sidney as they made their way down the corridor. She felt Billy tense. She knew he was probably nervous to see Sidney. She had branded him a killer before he even got the chance to explain. She also spotted Stu and Tatum. A sliver of guilt passed through her, she was a bad friend.

"Yo, Billy," Stu called out as the pair got closer. Nova avoided even looking at him as Billy greeted Stu. Stu gave Billy a pointed look as his eyes flickered down to Nova. Billy furrowed his eyebrows. Before Stu could even hint to Billy, a screaming student in a ghostface costume began running down the corridor. Billy quickly pulled Nova back into them as the student passed by. Nova gasped slightly as Tatum scowled. She gave a glance to Stu who soon stuck his leg out. The student fell to the ground as everyone began laughing. Stu stuck out his tongue in amusement.

"Why are they doing this?" Sidney muttered out. Everyones head snapped over to hers as Nova frowned. No one in school had taken the murders seriously. It was like Casey and Steve's death didn't matter. They were just the beginning to something that would come to an end eventually.

"What do you mean? I mean look at this place, Sidney, it's like christmas!" Stu exclaimed with a large smile as he drummed his fingers on Nova's shoulders. Tatum rolled her eyes as she turned to Stu. Sidney sniffled as Stu got hit by Tatum's lollipop. Nova bit back a laugh.

"It's just a joke, Sid," Nova shrugged off as Sidney nodded slightly. They still hadn't spoken properly. Stu nodded in agreement as he avoided Tatum's glare.

"Hey, Sid. Can we talk?" Billy spoke out suddenly. Sidney glanced over to him wearily. Nova frowned. Billy was innocent. Sidney needed to know that.

"I uh," Sidney stuttered out but Tatum quickly covered for her.

"Sidney, we need to go. Rememeber?" Tatum excused as Stu narrowed his eyes on her. Nova furrowed her eyebrows as she watched the two leave. Billy let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Well that went well," Stu muttered out as Billy shoved him quickly. Nova turned towards them with a frown.

"Stu!" Nova gave him a pointed look. Stu chuckled softly as he pulled her into him. He nuzzled his face into her neck as she chuckled softly. Billy glanced between the two as Nova lightly pushed Stu away.

"I'm sure she'll get over it," Nova added as she glanced over to Billy. Stu rested his chin on her head as Billy sighed.

"It just- feels like theres no getting through to her," Billy replied as Nova shrugged.

"Well I mean considering you two brokeup-" Nova started before Billy's gaze hardened. He glanced up to Stu who had a sheepish smile on his face.

"Wonder who could've told you that," Billy muttered as Nova rolled her eyes.

"Were you even gonna tell me?" Nova asked as she looked at Billy. Billy glanced over to her with an unsure look.

"Would it have mattered?" Billy asked as he raised an eyebrow. Nova scoffed.

"Maybe," Nova shrugged as she moved out of Stu's hold. She gave Billy a smirk as he watched her. The bell rang before Billy could reply and the pair watched Nova walk off down the corridor.