4| 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞?

Loss was a difficult topic. It was uneasy. It wasn't like cutting ties or losing contact. Or even breaking up with someone. Those were choices you could make. Choices you had control of. But when someone was killed, you had no control. No goodbyes and no coming back. They were gone. Dead. They weren't coming back.

Nova stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her red eyes were puffy from the hours she spent crying. She had dark, circles beneath her eyes that indicated the lack of sleep she had gotten. She'd spent the whole night wondering why she was still alive. Why she was left with the burden of surviving? She didn't want it. She'd rather it had been her than Casey.

She let out a sigh as she rolled her eyes. The doctors told her she was lucky. Lucky she didn't have a concussion or any serious injurys. The police told her she was lucky, too. Lucky to have survived. Lucky that he didn't come back to finish her off. She shuddered slightly as she glanced away from her reflection. The wound on her face had been stitched. It stood out against the tanned complexion. It reminded her that she survived that night.

Her door creaked slightly as her head snapped towards her bedroom door. She still hadn't properly opened the curtains yet. She didn't know if she was ready to face everyone yet. But she knew she'd have to. It was better than being left alone to her thoughts. Sidney leant her body against the doorway slightly as she glanced over her sister. She gave a sheepish smile whilst Nova just stared like a broken doll.

"Sorry. I was just asking if your coming to school today?" Sidney explained as Nova shrugged. She let out a soft breath as she gave Sidney a tight smile.

"I think I will. I mean it's better than being home alone," Nova replied back as Sidney nodded. Sidney glanced over her for a moment. It was as if she wanted to say something else. Make sure Nova was okay. But she didn't. She sent Nova another smile before leaving. Nova watched her leave before turning back to the mirror. She glanced over her appearance as she put on a fake smile.

A smile that said 'I'm fine, thank you!' or 'I'm getting there, thank you." Nova let the smile drop as she ran a hand through her hair. Today was going to be a long day!

                         ||☏︎||

Nova glanced over the many news reporter's vans and police cars parked around school

Nova glanced over the many news reporter's vans and police cars parked around school. Sidney was by her side as she furrowed her eyebrows. She still hadn't told Sidney what happened. Nova didn't think she needed to but now she remembers that Sidney never watches the news. So, she doesn't know.

"Do you believe this shit?" A female voice suddenly spoke out from behind the two sisters. Nova jumped as she quickly turned to see Tatum walking up beside Sidney. Tatum gave a nod towards Nova who sent her a small smile back.

"What's going on?" Sidney asked as Tatum's eyes widened. She glanced over to Nova who shook her head. Nova didn't really want to have this conversation but she spotted no one else in their group near by. She let out a small sigh.