3| 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬

Nova's blood ran cold as she glanced over to Casey who looked like she was about to faint. They knew Steve. Her eyes widened as Casey slowly glanced over to her. Tears were clouding her vision. 

"H-how do you know his name?" Casey whispered out as she glanced back to the phone. It seemed like everything had gone silent. The calm that Nova tried to hold onto was flooded with fear like a wave. It crashed down and made fear plummet on her like a raging storm. Nova swallowed the lump in her throat. She was at a loss for words.

"𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬," The caller demanded in a calm tone. Almost as if they were bait to his trap. Casey was stood still. Nova wasn't even sure if the girl was breathing. Nova hesitantly stepped over to the patio light switch. She glanced back to Casey who was now watching her. Nova sighed as she quickly switched on the lights.

"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥," She heard the caller praise. She frowned slightly as she turned towards the patio windows. She gasped at the sight as Casey let out a loud sob. She almost pushed herself forward to open the door before Nova quickly caught her.

Steve was sat in a chair alone by the pool. His body was battered and bloodied as if he'd been beaten. Crimson blood was splattered over his clothes. Duct taped was tied onto him to stop him from leaving or talking. His wide, bruised eyes met theirs. Pain shining through those tears that threatened to fall. The sight was horrifying. Nova felt sick to her stomach as Casey clung to her.

"Where are you?" Nova asked hesitantly as she peered out into the darkness. Her stomach was twisting in more knots the longer she couldn't see anyone. The pending danger lurking around them and watching their every move like a hawk.

"𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞!" The caller spoke out in a flirty tone. Nova ignored the nickname as she glanced around. She knew they were close. They were watching them. They knew what they were doing. But Steve was outside so that meant they were too.

"Don't hurt him!" Casey choked out. Nova glanced down to her with a sympathetic look. There was no telling what this person would do to Steve. But Nova knew they couldn't do anything.

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮," The caller replied back. Their voice was cold and honest. The simple sound of it sent shivers down both girls spines.

"Why are you doing this?" Casey choked out whilst Nova stared at Steve. His eyes pleading her to save him. She felt guilty that she couldn't. Guilty that this was out of her control. It was sick and twisted like a knife.

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞!" The caller demanded as they changed the topic. Both girls shook their head quickly. But Nova knew that this probably wasn't something that was debatable.

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬!"

"No!" Casey sobbed out as she tried to push herself towards the door. Her hands latched onto the glass as she tried to reach out for Steve. Nova stood their helpless as she watched her friend with sad eyes. Casey couldn't get to Steve. They both knew she couldn't and maybe he did too. Maybe.

"𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭?" The caller asked harshly as he pushed for an answer. Casey kept shaking her head as she began to repeat 'no' under her breath. Nova let out a sigh as she felt cold tears slip down her cheeks. She carefully grabbed the phone from Casey and held it close to her face.

"What kind of game?" She asked weakly as she tried to keep her voice steady.

"𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞," The caller commanded. Nova grimaced as she glanced over to Casey. Casey shook her head quickly. Almost pleading her not to. Nova shook her head slightly at Casey as she quickly moved towards the switch. Her body on auto-pilot as darkness soon filled the porch area again.