matt jackson x hangman page

Summary

Matt Jackson and Hangman Adam Page got into a simple misunderstanding but it ended up starting an argument and ending with the two admitting their feelings to one another.

~

Misunderstandings to secrets being revealed

Hangman sat alone in his favorite corner booth of the local bar, nursing his drink and drowning his sorrows. It had been a long and confusing day, and the weight of the miscommunication between him and oldest buck had become too much to bear.

Earlier that day, they had gotten into a heated argument, words flying back and forth in a whirlwind of frustration and hurt. It had all started with a simple misunderstanding honestly it was a small disagreement, but quickly escalated into something much bigger.

Adam had never been good at expressing his emotions, often resorting to retreating into himself rather than confronting his feelings head on.

And that's exactly what he had done after the fight. He had spent the past few hours drowning his pain in whiskey and his own tears, hoping to numb the ache in his heart.

As he stumbled through the front door of their shared apartment, the scent of stale alcohol clinging to his clothes, Adam felt a wave of loneliness wash over him.

His tear-stained face was a look into his heart and revealed to the emotional torment he had endured.

In the dimly lit living room, he found Matt sitting on the couch, his eyes red and puffy, clearly having shed tears of his own. Guilt washed over him as he realized the pain he had caused his best friend.

Without saying a word, Matt rushed to Adam's side, wrapping his arms around him in a tight embrace. Adam's body shook with sobs as he buried his face in Matt's chest, finally letting go of the walls he had built around his heart.

"I'm so sorry, Matt," Adam choked out between his cries. "I never meant to hurt you. I just... I don't know how to say what I feel."

Matt's voice was gentle and filled with understanding as he caressed Adam's hair, his touch bringing a sense of comfort that Adam desperately needed.

"Shh, it's okay, Adam. I understand. I should have listened better. I should have been there for you."

As Adam's tears subsided, Matt guided him to the couch, sitting beside him, Their legs were touching, their shoulders barely brushing against each other. It felt safe, like they were in their own little world where nothing else mattered.

With a soft sigh, Matt mustered the courage to confess his own feelings after hanger sobered up a bit more.

"You know, Adam, I've been scared too. Scared that if I let my guard down and admitted how much you mean to me, I would only end up hurting you more. But today, I realized that keeping my feelings hidden does more damage than just being honest ever could." Matt admits

Adam turned his head to look at Matt, his eyes glistening with hope.

"You... you mean that?" He whispered in slight shock

Matt nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"More than you'll ever know, cowboy. I've loved you for longer than I can remember. And if you'll let me, I want to be there to help you overcome your insecurities, to be the partner you deserve."

A single tear rolled down Adam's cheek, but this time it was a tear of happiness. He reached out, intertwining his fingers with Matt's.

"I want that too, Matt"  Adam whispered.

As they sat there, their bodies pressed together, a newfound sense of peace filled the room, promising a fresh start for their hearts.

"I love you hanger" Matt whispered while staring at Adam with his signature boo boo eyes.

"I love you to matty" Adam whispered back while getting lost in his eyes.

All of the miscommunication and insecurities that had threatened to tear them apart were gone for now, they may come back for a brief visit but now they know how to get through it.

They are bridges to a deeper connection, allowing them to follow the path of their love hand in hand together.

And as their lips finally met in a tender, long, gentle overdue kiss, they knew that they had finally felt whole in each other's arms.