Adam Cole x MJF

BETTER THAN YOU BAY BAY

(when they break up imma literally be crying for days. They are my only source of happiness)

Summary-
Max couldn't explain to you, why he felt the urge to protect Adam after his match against Samoa Joe, he can never stand to see the ones he cares for hurt.

But the number one questions on his mind are, Where was Adam? Why was he so late to Max's match? But when he tries to ask Adam about his things go a little bit south until Adam returns beat up, and Max doesn't take any bullshit answers

~

Who did this to you ?!

He couldn't explain to you, why he had such a strong urge to protect Adam tonight, especially after getting his ass handed to him. But he does give himself props. He beat Joe. You told you he would, he never doubted himself. But even after he felt like practically dying, He saw Joe try to lunge at Adam and risked everything just to protect his brochacho.

Max's number one question is, Where was Adam? Why did he take so long to show up? He was supposed to come down to the ring and support his best friend throughout one of his most important matches in his career against Samoa Joe, it's long time story telling yall. This match meant so much the kid inside him. They did it. They proved it to everyone, infront of his New York peers. Why the fuck was Adam so late?

Okay he's not really mad. Adam still came and supported him, he was an amazing friend, and even injured himself for Max.

Walking back stage was tough, he felt so much pride, but at the same time all he felt was agony. Everything hurt. In all honesty both men were in pain, Cole was still suffering from his ankle injury he endured moments earlier.

Adam was helping him walk, While trying to hide his own limp. He had Max's arm around his neck with his arm wrapped around Max's back. They made their way into doc sampsons and sat there in silence with occasional small talk until both men were cleared to leave.

"Max how are you feeling?" Adam asked gently once they were in the car headed to the hotel that the roster was staying at.

"Everything fucking hurts" He replied while favoring his neck, turning his head slightly to look at Adam

Cole grimaces slightly in sympathy

They soon arrive at the hotel and walk in silence until they reach their shared room.
Adam hasn't shared a room with Britt in so long, he feels guilty, but it's not really his fault. All tag partners room together everywhere right?

They take turns showering and unpacking and packing up certain things until both are done and drained.

Adam walks out of the bathroom and he finished brushing his teeth and took a seat by MJF who was sitting on the bed, leaning against the bedframe, scrolling through his phone while holding an ice pack to his neck.

Max looks over at Cole and sighs.

"How's your leg doing? Dude what the fuck even happened?" He asks laughing slightly

Adam shows a small smile

"Max I don't even know, I jumped the ramp to get around to you guys faster and I guess I screwed up my leg or something" He says rushed, he didn't want Max to worry about him, he knows he would so he tries not to make it a big deal.