Adam cole x MJF

Summary
The ride back was tense, awkward, and long.
Once they arrived back at the hotel, neither knew what to say, which was odd.
Max was being super quiet, Adam didn't know what to do. They hugged it out, everything was fine right?
~

Panicked

The ride back was tense, awkward, and long.
Once they arrived back at the hotel, neither knew what to say, which was odd.
Max was being super quiet, Adam didn't know what to do. They hugged it out, everything was fine right?

MJF was sitting on the hotel bed staring at his lap, Adam was watching him from the seperate hotel bed beside him.
He usually got annoyed at Maxwell's rants and wanted nothing more but for him to shut up, Now was different. He got used to the man's antics and now he wanted nothing more but for Max to talk to him again.

Plus Max kind of has no right to be mad, He was practically bullying Adam's friend, He had to do something. Once Adam was finished with his task on checking up on Roddy, He found Max and they both drove to their hotel in a taxi, That brings us to what is happening now.

Max moved his gaze onto Adam and stared at him for a couple seconds. Like he was analyzing him or something.

"Im sorry" He whispered

Adams eyebrows scrunched in confusion

"Man we already sorted this out its fine" It really wasn't fine but he didn't want to make more of fuss.

"But it's not Adam. You're aloud to have as many friends as you want, It- Its not something im use to and im sorry, I guess it just hurts hearing  everybody say all of these horrible things about me to you when im right there." He confessed, His voice laced with sadness

He scratched the back of his neck and moved his gaze from adam back onto his lap, He still wasn't used to apolagizing and actually meaning it, It was odd.

Adam went to Max's bed and sat infront of him

"Oh Max, Look i get it, its alright okay, i promise, I keep telling them you're actually a good person when you're around the right people, they just dont understand that and im sorry" He whispers in a comforting tone.

Max nods, taking in his words

"Wanna play videos games" Adam asks with a sheepish smile trying to break slight awkwardness and end the current situation.

He wanted to bring the man's spirits back up, he discovered he that actually really enjoyed his tag partners random long rants, No matter how many times Max denies it, He can tell the man enjoys playing Adam's videos games with him.

Max perked up at this

"Sure, Of course buddy let's play" He replied smiling

They got everything set up and sat next to each other shoulder to shoulder at the edge of the bed.

About an hour later they decided to wrap up the game and take a shower before getting ready for bed. They have an early flight.

While waiting for Max to finish his shower, Adam just sat on the bed waiting, He started thinking about his life. About Britt, He wasn't even thought about her at all recently, Suddenly he feels really bad and takes his phone out of his pocket to send her text.

Adam: Hey love, how are you? I miss you

He sent his message and waited, and waited, until his train of thought got interrupted by Max walking out the bathroom in just a towel.

Adams eyes widened and he tried adverting his gaze, While he felt a blood rush up into his cheeks.

"U-um Max took you long enough" He tried to joke in a shakey voice

"Oh yeah sorry about that brochacho" He said back not realising Adam's state.

Adam grabbed a towel and pajamas and rushing his way into the bathroom.

He stared at his reflection thinking about what just happened, Why did he feel that way? He sees Max shirtless and in his small wrestling gear all of time. What was different about this? The way the water dripped down his torso.. the wa- Oh my god he has to stop.
He started panicking what was going on. He started getting dizzy and breathing heavy.

"Hey Adam you okay" He heard max ask worriedly after he finished getting dressed and heard Adams cries of distress

He couldn't form a single thought

"Im coming in"

He opened door and saw his tag team partner on the ground unable to breath properly

"Hey buddy breath with me okay" he attempted to calm him down

"I-i cant" Adam cried

"Yes you can, Here listen to my heart alright calm down, Just breath" He brought the panicking man onto his lap while trying to stay calm

Adam clutched max's shirt and listened to his heart beat. After what felt like forever he finally was able to breath properly again.

"T-thank you" He whispered removing himself from Max's lap

"You fuckin scared me man, you sure you're alright?" He asked quietly while looking at Adam with the most soft and concerned gaze.

"Yeah i just- i dont know" He said looking at the ground

"What happened? What brought this up?" He questioned

He felt himself blush again and quickly got up and left the bathroom

"Wait Adam where are you-?" He tried to ask while following him

"Please leave me alone im fine okay.." He whispered

Max look slightly hurt and confused

Adam just felt so overwhelmed

"Man why can't you tell-"

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU, YOU IDIOT" He started sobbing and collapsed to the ground on his kness

Max froze for a second before he looked down and seen his bestfriend and knee'd down infront of him

"H-Hey breath darling please, you can't have another panic attack"

"I-Im sorry, i never realized it until today" He said miserably

Max smiled

"It's alright, I like you too, i just couldn't say anything because all i knew was that you were a straight man in love with Britt Baker" He blushed and avoided Adam's gaze

"Oh shit. Britt, holy fuck, what do i do?" He rushed out

"Just tell her the truth man, thats all you can do" He advised him

He still cares for her deeply and always will, but right now he thinks the person he truly loves is right infront of him.

"Okay" He sighs

Before he thinks about it any longer he pushes himself up and kisses Max.

Max of course kisses back and makes it so Adam straddles his lap.

Adam breaks the kiss

"You know i don't think you're clean enough" he smirks and whispers into Max's ear

"Oh yeah?, Well it would be a shame to waste more water huh" He whispers back

Adam felt himself get butterflies

"Shower with me?" he asks shyly

To answer his question Max lifts them both up off the ground, and hears Adam gasp in surprise, He reconnects their lips and carries them both back into the bathroom and turns the shower back on.