EXTRA 3: Decisions

Part 1: Little Contest

Mu Qing looked towards Lian as he stood in his little Xianle Quartet. He, Feng Xin, Xie Lian, and Hua Cheng were standing with each other as they watched their daughters run off to eat and drink as newlyweds. Some bold heavenly officials were challenging them to drinking contests, and they accepted with a flick of their sleeves. Lian was staring down at a male heavenly official as he challenged her to a drinking contest, her head staying tall as the heavenly official's head was wobbling after ten cups. He swayed and waved his hand.

"I give up, Miss Feng, you win!" The heavenly official said, his words slurred. Lian continued to stare him dead in the eye as she downed another cup. How were these heavenly officials that were challenging her such lightweights? At this point, even Pei Ming didn't dare to challenge her.

Although this was her wedding banquet, Lian still preferred to go by "Miss Feng" even though she loved Yulan so much that it nearly killed her. She liked to remember that she indeed was the daughter of Feng Xin and Mu Qing, and she also wanted others to remember. She needed them to have a good memory, too, as she would get pissed off if people forgot that she was Yulan's wife now. Yulan was standing behind Lian, holding her waist as Lian downed another cup of wine.

"Who else dares to challenge my wife to a drinking contest?! Twenty thousand merits will be awarded if you beat either me or her~" Yulan crooned, raising a wine cup. Hua Cheng smiled and scoffed. Dozens of heavenly officials swarmed around them as they raised their wine cups.

"A toast, a toast to the newlyweds!"

"Twenty thousand? No, no, raise the number! It'll be more fun."

"Miss Feng, Miss Hua, really-"

"Let me toast you! Congratulations on getting married!"

He Xuan remained in his corner, his cheeks puffed with food. He wore an expression that said, I only came for the food.

After a few minutes, all those who were "asking to toast" or accepting the challenge were swaying side to side as they tightly clutched their wine cups. Yulan and Lian were serious heavyweights, it seemed.

Lian and Yulan pushed through the crowd of drunken officials and approached their parents. Lian's eyes seemed clear yet also slightly hazy as if she was still processing all the wine in her system. Yulan was clutching her hand as she happily pranced to her fathers. Lian shook her head and steadied herself and smiled at her fathers.

"Baba, A-Die," Lian greeted. Feng Xin gave a proud yet helpless smile as he stared at his newlywed nearly-drunk daughter. Mu Qing held out an arm and steadied Lian.

"A-Lian, careful. You don't want to fall asleep so abruptly, do you? Cut down on the drinking contests for now," Mu Qing said with a stern yet soft expression. "It's your wedding day. People wouldn't want to remember you as the heavenly official who dropped drunk on her wedding day."

"Okay," Lian said, blinking her hazy eyes. She shook her head once again and forced herself to sober up. Xie Lian reached up and attempted to pat her head. He didn't know where to put his hands as Lian still had the huge golden headdress on her hair, so he settled for gently patting her forehead. With his other hand, he passed her a cup of warm tea.

"Have some. It'll help," Xie Lian said. Lian inclined her head and took to cup. She lightly sipped from it and somewhat came back to her senses. Yulan came over and held Lian's waist affectionately. Inspired by these two young newlyweds, Feng Xin wrapped an arm around Mu Qing's waist. Mu Qing nearly leaped a kilometer away from him, but remembering the setting he was in, he begrudgingly dealt with it silently.

Hua Cheng held Xie Lian close, looking outside. It was deep into the night, and a certain time would be upon them. Then they would have to clean the aftermath of the wedding banquet. As expected, Lan Ning cleared her throat.