𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹. 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘴

olivia can't believe she's thinking this but she's sick of eating take out. at least when she was at home, she would have home cooked meals even if they were made by the maid instead of her mother.

she walks through the door and immediately bumps into aria and spencer.

"take out again?" spencer turns to her.

"who knows? maybe i'll have a salad tonight." olivia's voice goes up in amusement, as if playing some guessing game. she knows she won't have a salad.

"if you're craving something home cooked, my mom makes the best chicken pot pie." aria smiles, sort of chipper in the way she's speaking.

olivia sends her a smile, "i'll keep that in mind." she says when aria finally grazes past her to head for the door. "i'll see you guys around."

"you know, if you want a family meal. I have a sort of family waiting for me." spencer points over her shoulder to where two men and a woman are sitting at a table.

one of the men is old enough to be her father and the other old enough to be her older brother and the woman could be her older sister but olivia isn't sure.

"i wouldn't want to intrude."

"no, please, i'm begging. i can't sit through them alone." spencer grabs olivia's hand and the girl laughs before agreeing. "let me just order my dinner."

she walks to the counter and orders a slice of chicken pot pie and a diet coke. when she gets to the table, spencer has put a chair down for her.

"you must be olivia fitz, i haven't heard that name before. who are your parents?" spencer's dad asks the moment she sits down. she barely had enough time to make herself comfortable.

"my dad passed away a few years back and my mom is diane fitzgerald." she moves her chair closer to the table when the girl next to spencer pauses.

"diane fitzgerald? like the nineties model? she revolutionised what fashion was for the world." the girl practically slaps her hand on the table as olivia slightly jumps.

"she tells me that every chance she gets." which she rarely could have done since olivia moved out. she still thinks it's one of the best things she could've done.

"must be iconic, what does she do know?"

"she owns a fashion museum which is my favourite place in the world." the earliest memory olivia has is this exhibit in the museum, a large mirror against the wall.

she remembers her mum saying it was a way to make the people a part of the museum. she was seven the first time she stood in front of that mirror.

seven wearing bright pink leggings, with a white barbie shirt and a pair of orange gogo boots. she remembers her dad picking her up and spinning her around.

she thinks about what it would feel like to be in front of that mirror again, in her brown slacks, green jumper and black leather jacket. her fashion sense had changed since then, so has the way she looks. her body had natured and so has her face.

she looks like a woman now instead of a clueless little girl who just wants to her mum and dad to love her. now all she wants is to be her own person.

"i'll go with you sometime." spencer clears her throat when olivia notices the man next to her sliding the glass her way and spencer taking a sip.

"i'm sorry, i don't think i caught any of your names." olivia tries to sound embarrassed but it's dim in her voice.

"peter hastings."

"melissa hastings and this is my fiance,"

"i'm wren kingston."

"you're a brit, now i see how you landed a hastings." olivia smiles, leaning in closer to the table. "and he's a doctor." spencer teases.

"so you're about twenty four if i had to guess." he nods.

"and spencer is sixteen. sorry, don't know why i'm just stating facts." olivia laughs to herself and wren slowly takes his glass back from spencer.

"thanks for this, guys. i should probably go, my brother will worry."