𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰. 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Keep Your Friends Close

olivia sat on a random table in the cafeteria, eating a granola bar when mona walks up to her, the red head puts her book down, an old book she stole from her brother.

"moana." she smiled, breaking the bar in half and giving it to the girl in front of her. "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips." mona's words make the smile on olivia's face die down, "who the fuck are you, my mother?"  she continued having her snack by herself when mona handed her an envelope, a pretty pink envelope. 

"camp mona?" mona nodded, a smile on her lips as olivia shoved the envelope back into her hand. "i would rather watch my mother dry hump my father's corpse." she said out loud, mona had no idea why though. a simple no would have done perfectly fine.

"therapists are scared of you, aren't they?" olivia laughed, "can you leave now? i have a book to get to." mona doesn't leave though. 

"why are you being so mean to me?" mona placed a hand on olivia's knee as the red head eyes followed her hand.

"i'm watching fred and ginger movies at the cinema with my friend hardy and brother." olivia shrugged and mona handed her two envelopes this time, one with her name on it, the other with wes' name on it. totally not weird. 

"wes could totally come, it's a girl's party but i can make an exception for him, please just come. i really want you there." mona gave her puppy dog eyes and olivia licked her lips.

"i don't know when it's gonna be on again." she took a breath to steady herself and mona shakes her head, "i'll bring you those special cookies you like." that was the last straw and olivia had to give in. "i probably won't be in a good  mood, i don't wanna ruin your birthday." olivia took the envelopes, she still had to think about it. 

"i'll get you so drunk, you'll forget all about who ever broke your heart." mona smiled and olivia shrugged, picking her book up again, "i don't have a heart." she got up and threw the wrapper to her granola bar away and after school she runs it by wes and hardy. "ollie, i wasn't invited." hardy laid with his head on olivia's stomach. 

"cause you're old." wes cringed before getting a sock to the face. "who's mona again?" wes pushed the sock to the ground and shoved a soft taco in hiss mouth, eating like an animal. olivia and olivia cringed at him but neither of them could say anything about it because there was a knock on the door.

"wes!" they both call and he groaned as he got up, putting his food down. "lazy bums." he walks to the door and when he opens it, he bites his bottom lip awkwardly. 

"oh livvy jane, your lover is here." he moved slightly and caught a glimpse of aria at the door, something hidden under her arm as olivia pushed hardy off her, making him groan and rub the bruise that was blossoming on her chest. "can we talk?" aria walked to olivia's room, beat her there. "bubble, bubble, you're in trouble."  wes teased and olivia pushed him out of her way, he laughed falling down onto the couch. 

she had no idea why aria was at her apartment, the two hadn't seen one another since that day in ezra's class which was about a week ago, it felt like the longest week of olivia's life.

"if you're here to apologize for being mean to me the other day, i forgive you. i'll be the bigger girl." olivia shut the door and aria threw something onto her bed. 

"i read your poems, a left it for me." it took olivia a second to realize the book on the bed was her anthology. she had been writing poetry since she was a kid, and the book was a compellation of her best work. her mother sold copies at her museum, she said olivia finally did something worth mentioning and she clearly hadn't read the poems, half of them were about her. 

"want me to sign it for you?" olivia picked it off the bed and read the title, forever untitled by olivia marlene jane.

"wanna know my favorite poem?" aria's voice was stripped of any emotion.  olivia cracked the book open and found a bookmark between the pages, not just any bookmark but the one she made for aria with these pictures they took in a photobooth after school one day. she removed it to see the page aria was reading was called love, olivia. 

"let me guess, you're a sucker for jester's privilege, that's my favorite too." that was definitely not the one aria was upset about. 

aria didn't find her words funny as she took the book, read a piece of the poem, it read more like a love letter than anything else. "marie, you'll never know the feelings i harbor for you and yet thy keep me up at night, try as i might they have forced me between a rock and a hard place." aria shuts the book again as olivia chews on a pen she found somewhere in her bed.

"wrote that about my eighth grade english teacher." aria stared at her, one of her i see through your bullshit looks. "you don't call yourself olivia fitz on the cover, instead you use your middle names. olivia marlene jane." olivia nods, "thank you, i actaully couldn't read my name from all the way here,"

"my point is, it didn't take me long to realize where that name came from, aria marie, that's my full name." olivia knew that too, she liked aria's name much more than her own, aria marie, sometimes she would whisper it to herself when she couldn't go to sleep at night, even her name was pretty. 

"egotistical much?"olivia was caught.

"no, you can't ignore me for a week and then write me a poem like nothing happened." aria's face softened and olivia knew the raven-haired girl missed her just as much as she missed aria. her heart stung as she spoke, "i wasn't the one ignoring you and if we can go a week without seeing each other than consider this poem forgotten." olivia got up, pulling the book from aria's hand as she ripped the page with the poem out, crumbling it in her hand.

"i think you should leave now." olivia threw the book back onto her bed. 

"that's mine." aria reaches for it but olivia blocked her path, "actually it belongs to this a person and since they're not here, it's mine." aria didn't flinch at anything olivia had said as she turned on her heels, she walked to the door and turned back around to look at olivia.

"a week ago you were my best friend, now i can't even recognize you."