𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳. 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘴

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Moments Later

the first person olivia sees when she walks out of her bedroom is none other than her older brother, packing her lunch for the day. wes does a double take when he sees her for the first time, "oh my god, hide those legs." he shoves an apple into her lunch bag, handing it to her but not even his comment could upset her. olivia woke up smiling that morning, why, she still hadn't figured it out yet.

"or go tan or something, you're not a vampire, no one is supposed to be this pale." he poked her knee, and she slapped his hand away, grabbing her school bag as he hands her a to go coffee cup, "is this a latte?" he nodded as she took a sip, her brows furrowed.

"lunch and a latte?" she asked and he shook his head, "i got you tacos, so not just any lunch." he gave a smile and she gave him a weary look.

"coffee and tacos? why are you being nice to me?" she sat down for a second, and she had a minute to spare.

"god forbid i care about you." wes pushed her off her seat to hurry her to the door.

"once when i was six i asked you to make me a sandwich and you handed me a barbed wire and told me to lick it for nutrients." he scoffed at the truth and before they could reach the door, there was a knock on it and he quickly spun her around and had her face the other way.

"you should really look to leave the past in the past." he pushed her into her bedroom, hurriedly slamming the door shut behind him, "you know what would be so cool? if you left out of the window like a proper spiderman." he got onto her bed, knees first and opened her bedroom window. she had never seen her brother act this weird before.

"we live on the sixth floor, if i jump i'm meeting the guy who created spiderman." she tried to reason with him, but he was very ready to push her out of the window.

"wes, stop. what the fuck?" her bags ended up on the ground as she pushed him away from her, he pushed her back and it wasn't long until they were both on the ground with her pressing his face against the cold tile of her bedroom floor.

"what's wrong with you?" she was out of breath when she heard her bedroom door open, "olivia, get off your brother." she paused when she heard that voice, her head turning until she saw her mother standing at her bedroom door with ezra beside her.

"let's give them a minute." he shut the door and olivia rained about a dozen slaps on the back of her brother's head as he whined in pain,

"what," a hit, "is she," another slap, "doing here?" three more slaps.

"ah, fuck!" he pushed his sister off him as she kicked his knee before falling down onto her bed, fixing her hair.

"she's doing a status report." he rubbed the back of his head as he sat down beside her, "a status report? what are we in the fucking marines?" she reached a hand over to pick up her things before she puts on her gloves, trying to be more civilized now that her mother was there.

"that's her version of checking up on you," wes fixed his own hair and got up, he held his hand out to olivia and she took it, helping her to her feet. olivia nodded, working her way to the door. she stops just before she opens the door, she had to prepare herself to stop being olivia but to be diana's daughter again. somehow they were different people.

"you can still sneak out through the window." wes suggested and olivia gave him a side hug, "time to go back into the glass closet." she steadied herself and opened the door to find her mother and brother were having a cup of coffee.

"mother." she picked up her only drink that sat abandoned on the kitchen island, "olivia, it's nice to see you on your feet and finally dressed to impress." diana seemed impressed by her daughter, possibly for the first time in over a decade. the last time she liked something olivia was wearing was when she was the one picking out her daughter's clothes.

"well, i can't stay to chat, i'd hate to be late." olivia made her way to the door when her mother spoke again.

"don't worry, i'll be here for dinner." olivia cursed in her own head, she promised to take aria on a date tonight. she didn't want aria to think it was just a one-off hookup that would lead to another friends with benefits bullshit.

"i actually have plans with someone tonight." she turned on her heels and diana took an elegant sip of her coffee.

"bring him, i would like to know who occupies my daughter's days." olivia was about to open her mouth to argue but diana spoke before she could.

"i'm just here for the next two days, do this for your mother." olivia looked from her mother to her brothers. "sure, i'll tell him." she left before she could dig herself into a deeper hole.

✩°。⋆⸜ 🎧✮

"i'm single, you're single. let's just make it official." she whispered as she wrapped an arm around dean's shoulder, she found him in the library, pretending to read a book to impress a girl and olivia was definitely not helping.

"go away, olivia." he spoke as she pulled herself away from him before she sat at his side, taking his book from him.

"i need a boyfriend."

"and you came to me, you must be desperate." he sighed and she shook her head, "you're a cool dude, that's why i came to you." he tried to look through her facade.

"lame compliment but i'll take it, what's up?" she lowered her voice when she spoke, "my mom's in town." he nodded, "ah, and you want to impress her. you made the right choice, moms love me." dean leaned back in his seat and she smiled. she knew she could count on him, he was probably her only friend now.

"so, why me and not aria? she's a nice girl." dean had a smug smile on his face, one olivia didn't appreciate.

how could she describe to her friend that her mother was a misogynistic demon who didn't even like her own daughter, who only took her seriously when she had a boyfriend which she rarely did and when she did, they never lived up to her mother's expectations but dean, sweet, loveable dean would make her mother over the moon with joy.

"c'est une salope coincée." she licked her bottom lip and dean stared at her in confusion, "she's an uptight french bitch." she roughly translated.

"you speak french?" he tried to wrap his mind around it, she never brought up that she could speak french or that her mother was french. in fact, dean didn't know much about her family. did she even have a dad?

"my grandad from my mom's side is from france, he's vaguely related to francais valois."

"you're related to the former king of france." she nodded, the fact not interesting her as much as it shocked him.

"distantly, we're so far apart that we could fuck and it would be nothing." he cringed, and she shrugged, "i've seen enough reign, i'm prepared for this." he got up and flexed his shoulders, looking into the distance like he was in an old portrait.

"luckily for you, no one is gonna quiz you on the french monarchy." she scoffed and walked away before he could say anything, "wait, did you know francais?" he grabbed his stuff, joking as he ran after her.

"oh my god," olivia turned to face him as he smiled, "if i'm going to be your dirty liar, i need you get into full character." and just like that, olivia was already regretting her decisions.