𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦. 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴

ೃ⁀➷-'๑'--'๑'--'๑'--'๑'-ೃ⁀➷
Reality Bites Me

aria sat in front of her mirror, struggling to do her eyeliner. today was the first day she had slept at home and even spent some time there. things had gotten messy recently and she spent most days at her friend spencer's house out of fear of the person who had been stalking her for the last few months but she felt safe with a friend over at her house.

not too far from where she sat and groaned, olivia was laying on her bed, a book in her hand as she ignored aria.

it was weird between the two, aria didn't really know if olivia liked her or not. they barely spoke to one another when other people were around, when she texted olivia she always got back bland replies like ok or sure and even the occasional thumbs up or she would simply like the message but other times she would spend hours on the phone with aria, she would spam her with messages when they spoke, and she would always sit oddly close to aria when they hung on. aria wasn't bi or any kind of queer at all but she knew olivia was and maybe she wanted olivia to like her but she was confused about that because of how fucking bipolar olivia could be.

"need help?" olivia placed the book down on aria's nightstand as the dark haired girl watched her in the mirror. she nodded and olivia knelt down beside her, moving in between the girl's thighs to get a better look at the shitty job she had done with her eyeliner. "am i that obvious?" aria handed the black eyeliner to her friend who smirked slightly at her, tilting aria's head down.

"the grunting had me suspicious."

"i just get really frustrated sometimes." aria spoke and olivia softly told her to sit still, resting her hand on aria's thigh to balance herself a bit. the touch made the hairs on the back of aria's neck rise as olivia grabbed her harder, nearly done with one eye. "is this about your parents?" aria didn't have to tell her that something was wrong, olivia was really good at reading people, especially people from broken families.

"my dad-" aria stopped, barely starting with whatever story she was about to tell and olivia gave her a reassuring smile, something new for their friendship but aria didn't pause because of what she was about to say but because of how olivia decided to make herself stable, her hand slightly pushing aria's leg away from her which sent a chill down the dark haired girl's spine, something fluttering in her belly.

"you don't have to tell me, it's really none of my business." as olivia moved back to admire her handy work, she withdrew her hand from aria's thigh which felt colder all of a sudden when olivia glanced up at the door and aria's gaze followed to where her brother stood at the door. "didn't know eyeliner was a two person job." aria turned to him and a part of her wondered how much of that her brother saw, she didn't want him to be suspicious of their friendship.

"what's up?" she popped the p as she spoke.

"uh, nothing." he looked over to olivia who got the message and picked the book on the bedside table up along with her bag as she made her way to the door. "ill wait downstairs." she headed for the stairs as aria stayed behind. "do you think mom and dad are being weird with each other?" mike must've heard what aria and olivia were talking about.

"no, why do you ask?" she had to be sure. "just wondering," he didn't, aria was relieved as she went to get her bag, picking it up as she headed for her door. she didn't want olivia to wait for too long.

"look, don't worry about it, okay?" she placed a hand of comfort on his arm as he looked down at her, "well, don't leave your friend waiting." mike walked away and aria sighed, she was more relieved that he didn't see what was going on between her and olivia, instead he was worried about her parents and compared to the former, that seemed to be a good thing but it was also a close call. she considered closing her door the next time olivia was over.