𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯. 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵

olivia was surprised when she got home and found someone other than one of her brothers on her couch. she dropped her bag at the sight of the man splayed out in front of their tv. she hadn't seen him in what felt like a decade. "hardy!" she called his name as he jumped up at the sound, he was always scared easily and she loved scaring him.

"liv! you scared the shit out of me." hardin wrapped an arm around the girl, taking in her familiar scent, mahogany, and musk and a slight hint of honey that seemed to bring all the different smells together. "how do you smell so good after hockey practice?" he didn't let go after a mere ten seconds, hugs between the two of them could go on forever if they let them. the two swayed back and forth for a while with his head atop of her messy hair.

"i took three showers." she admitted, she didn't smell half as good after the first one but she loved hockey so it didn't matter if it made her smell a little bad afterwards. "what are you doing here?" she could hear his heartbeat with her head pressed to his chest. around most people she was a giant but around him so felt so small, that's what she liked the most about him.

"im here for ezra's book reading." she broke the hug at his words. "ezra wrote a book?" she asked, dumbfounded by that piece of information when a voice pops up from behind her. "i gave you a copy, you said it was a work of art." it was ezra, she hadn't seen him since she was in english class. these days, that was the only place the two saw one another, despite livung together.

"i lied." olivia admitted and ezra rolled his eyes and told her to get ready for his reading. "i look fine." olivia leaned back into hardin, "she looks better than fine. she looks fucking fantastic." he rested his head on her shoulder as ezra cringed at the image of how close his little sister and oldest friend were to one another. somehow she always managed to steal all his friends.

"i mean, when was the last time you saw her legs?" hardin teased and the girl shoved him back, he knew she didn't like her legs, they were frighteningly pale. "i don't keep track of that." ezra furrowed his brows.

"will wes be there?" olivia changed the subject, she didn't like being the topic of discussion, she never did. the only times her mother spoke about her when she was a child was when she told all the other moms about what a menace olivia could be.

"no and let me guess, you won't be there either." ezra walked over to the fridge, shoulders lowering in disappointment. she wondered why he didn't get laid more often, didn't chicks dig the tortured artist thing or maybe they just liked when she did it.

"of course im going." olivia watched as the man grew slightly less upset, "hardy is going." she poked her friend as she made her way to her room. ezra sighed and made his way to his college buddy, "she's a good kid, not one that deserves to be sighed at." hardin couldn't say that, he didn't know olivia like her brother did.

"she has someone over nearly ever night, is that something a good kid does?" hardin laughed, slapping his old friend's back. "she's a teenager, let her experiment a little." when olivia came back, she wore a pair of black tights under her shorts. "im ready." she spun around as hardin gave her a standing ovation. "come on, liv." he threw an arm around her as they made their way out the door. "i like your necklace." he played with the heart locket at the end of it. "it's not mine, it's a friend's." hardins face twisted into a smile.

"oh, just a friend?"

"shut up, hardy."