𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯. 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘨

ೃ⁀➷-'๑'--'๑'--'๑'--'๑'-ೃ⁀➷
To Kill A Mocking Girl

it was common for brothers and sisters to fight, more common when their ages were so far apart that they could so easily tread on one another's feet. everything ezra seemed to say and do was olivia's pet peeve, "i'm sorry that you need to be so politically correct all the time." ezra got out of the car, watched as Olivia pulled on her sunglasses, trying to avoid looking at him. she could barely remember what they were fighting about.

"politically correct or just a decent human being?" olivia waved at a few part time friends as she subconsciously followed the path her older brother was setting for her, her headphones slung over her neck as she tried to keep up with his pace, something she had been doing her entire life.

"your whole generation is so obnoxious."

"you are my generation."

they kept walking down the hallways, "hey." aria montgomery waved at the two, ezra greeted her back while olivia sent her a simple nod. she didn't want to talk to anyone so she clung to him for some normalcy. "hi." olivia mimicked his greeting as she stared off at one of the many girls she hooked up with when ezra sneaks aria a smile.

"shut up." he pushes her into the class, she catches a glimpse of an fbi agent on her way in.

"who wears sunglasses indoors? douchebag." ezra comments, she rolls her eyes but he can't see.

"you have the best books in here." olivia slid her sunglasses up, pushing her bright ginger hair out of her face as she walked into his storage closet, wandering around like a doe lost in the woods as she pulled on her headphones, blasting tv girl.

she picked out four dusty old books, books that she wouldn't be able to find in their local, shitty library. olivia never had a passion for reading, not until ezra went to university and made her and her little brother read every single book he was reading. she hated him for it but now she finds peace in the worlds writers like tolstoy, austen and dickens have created. she could spend hours lost in their words.

"moby dick? do we love it? do we hate it?" olivia tugged the headphones off her ears when she walked back into class, watching aria pull away from ezra and something in her brain clicked and suddenly it was empty.

"sorry," she brushed her thick hair over her shoulder, it falls carelessly across her back. "no, i should go. thanks for the help, mr. fitz." aria sees her way out the door and olivia follows her, stopping as she turns to her brother. something was going on but she knew if she asked him, he would lie to her and she was in no mood to be lied to right now.

"i'm going to a party after school so i'll see you whenever."