𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹. 𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴

olivia told herself that the day wouldn't be that bad when she saw dean, he was chatting it up with her mom when she reached them. she was a little late but wes hadn't shown up either.

she took her seat between dean and ezra, flattening her skirt with the palm of her hand as dean poured her a glass of water. "we're just waiting for you brother. heaven knows how tardy you two can be." diane took a sip of her wine, looking at her youngest.

"well maybe you're just early, time is just a social construct that puts us into a prison of the mind." olivia tapped her fingernails on the glass, watching her mother as the woman stared back at her. diane never knew what to say when olivia said things like that.

"are you high?"

"are drugs real or is the world fake and drugs help us see the truth?" ezra cleared his throat and dean took a sip of his drink, trying to hide his laugh. olivia liked getting under her mother's skin and it was easy for her. everything she says annoys her mother.

"so, mom," ezra started, trying to change the subject. "did you know olivia is at the top of her math class and she's a genius when it comes to history." ezra looked over at olivia but she was staring at her glass, the water swirling around as she made the glass sway around. 

"well, her father was a know it all too." he was always her father, never diana's husband or even ezra and wes' dad. she was just like a father, it was like a verdict, like she had been declared guilty for a crime that she didn't do. the sins of the father have passed on to the daughter. 

"he used to write poetry too, did you know that?" ezra took a sip of his wine, looking over at his sister who shrugged. "don't remember much about him." that was a lie, she couldn't forget him. 

"wow, so you're the mini version of him." dean reached a hand over and clutched her hand in his. "she has the good and the bad, god help me when this one has to go to college." diana laughed, so did ezra and dean but olivia just plucked a piece of bread from the plate on the middle of the table. "oh are you sure you want that bread? remember, a moment on the lips is forever on the hips." olivia put the bread back down, her mother smiling at her like she was doing the right thing. 

"but i'm not even sure i wanna go to college." before diana could say anything, wes walked through the doors, waving eagerly at his family and dean. diana smiled at her son, her middle child, her golden child. ezra always thought he was the favorite, but anyone with eyes could tell that wes was her pride and joy. while olivia was her father's girl, wes was hands down a mamma's boy.

"hello beautiful people," he placed a kiss on his mother's cheek and took a seat between her and ezra. olivia was preparing herself for the worst dinner imaginable when the door opened again but this time a party of four walked in. 

"you guys don't have to do that." hanna marin was on crutches, her friends had offered to take her to dinner to get her mind off everything that happened, trying to make her forget about a. "we want to." aria's arm was being clutched by hanna who was struggling to stay on her feet. "and looks like we came to the right place." spencer's teasing tone makes the girls all turn their heads to where olivia, ezra, dean and diana were all staring at them. 

"i  don't think i've ever seen her legs before." hanna could see olivia's white boots sticking out from underneath the table. "she's so pale." spencer furrows her brows, "like a sick, victorian child." she adds shortly, making aria shove her a little. she doesn't say anything, "that's my sort of girlfriend you're talking about." aria turned to her friend who said nothing again and when she turned back, she was met with a cheery wesley fitzgerald. "hey aria."

"hey wes." 

"wanna come sit down with your sorta girlfriend?" he offered, looking from her to hanna who stood at her side. "we can make room for one more." he smiled when his eyes met the blonde's. "she does," hanna answers for her, shoving her friend slightly towards the dark-haired boy stood in front of her. "come find us when you're done." emily spoke songly as she and her friends went to find another table and aria stayed behind with wes.